Dungeons of Dredmor

Dungeons of Dredmor

De dwergenmodindustrie heeft jou nodig!
Maak en deel nieuwe voorwerpen, kamers, vaardigheden, spreuken, monsters en meer! Klik hier voor meer informatie.
A quick question about modding
So I'm working on my first mod for the game and I ran into a bit of an issue while working through some new skill trees.

I have a handful of skills that I want to tie into existing effects in Dredmor, much like how Bankster checks for Egyptian Magic glyphs when seeing if it should proc Pyramid Scheme.

Is there any way for me to edit an existing effect in the game without having to edit the core spells XML file? I'm trying to avoid that as it may horrendously break compatability with other mods, won't survive steam validation, and have other, unforseen consequences.
< >
1-3 van 3 reacties weergegeven
Maybe you can try to re-write the same effect, it's possible that it'll overwrite the core XML file, not sure.
Anyway, if you want to add effects, just create a spell which is cast while the other one is casted, with the effects that you're looking to add / remove.

Not sure if you see what I mean:

The spell "X" add 3 to stat Y. So, I make a Spell Z which is casted at 100% when X is used, Z effect is remove 3 to stat Y.
Origineel geplaatst door Vehemens:
Anyway, if you want to add effects, just create a spell which is cast while the other one is casted, with the effects that you're looking to add / remove.

Not sure if you see what I mean:

The spell "X" add 3 to stat Y. So, I make a Spell Z which is casted at 100% when X is used, Z effect is remove 3 to stat Y.

I'd love to do that, but as far as I know the only way to detect non-buff spells is with the <triggerOnCast> tag. But that goes off after *every* spell cast, not just the one I'm looking for.

Or is there some secret method to make it do exactly that?

And for now, I'll rewrite the effect and see if it pulls the XML from the mod files. I'm imagining that it'll likely just crash to desktop though.
Laatst bewerkt door Shazbot; 30 sep 2013 om 4:34
< >
1-3 van 3 reacties weergegeven
Per pagina: 1530 50