Dungeons of Dredmor

The Dwarven Mod Industry Needs You!
Create and share new items, rooms, skills, spells, monsters, and more! Click here to learn how.
Roze 1 Sep 29, 2013 @ 1:04am
Negative buff effect not happening?
Hi, it seems like Im having issues with making a buff that has both negative and positive effects. What I am trying to do is a buff that raises dodge at the expense of sneakiness and trigger it when you drink. (get drunk = make alot of noise and be harder to hit)

What I expected should happen is that when I get the buff it will display both the positive and the negative effect and when I look at the character sheet both should be applied.
What really happens is that both effects are shown on the buff icon but only the positive effect are visible in the character screen.
I tried setting the bad="1" attribute to the buff tag thinking that any buff that is negative might need it but it didnt help.

This is the code to change the stats inside the buff tag.
"<secondarybuff id="12" amount="-6" />
<secondarybuff id="6" amount="10" />"

Can anyone with some insight into these things help me understand why this doesnt work as intended?
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Roze 1 Sep 29, 2013 @ 11:08pm 
I'm still stumped in regard to this. If anyone wishes to help me out the full files are now published as the skilltree "Politician".
Shazbot Sep 30, 2013 @ 3:00am 
I had a look at your code. I think the issue might be that you're using useTimer="1" which indicates that it's a timed buff, but also set brittle="1" which indicates that it's an ablative buff that lasts until you're hit a certain number of times.

As far as I know, it can't be both. Just delete brittle="1" and see if that works.
Last edited by Shazbot; Sep 30, 2013 @ 3:10am
Roze 1 Sep 30, 2013 @ 11:02pm 
I will try without brittle and report back later today, thanks.
Roze 1 Sep 30, 2013 @ 11:30pm 
I removed brittle and it didnt seem to have any effect.
I found an item in-game that added +1 sneakiness and after equipping it I lost 1 sneakiness from the buff and it capped at a minimum of 18. After I got some more levels I tried again and the first buff removed all 6 points but the 2nd buff only removed 1 point and the third in the stack did nothing. It seems, for some reason, that the there is a minimum that it caps at that grows with my level. Possible reason for this would be if the passive skill values are applied *after* the buffs which is consistent with the number I have.

Noteworthy about this is that any sneakiness I gain as a computer result from having nimbleness or savvy is properly removed, it's just the direkt sneakiness boost from the skills that cannot be removed.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50