Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Cougarific Sep 24, 2013 @ 1:23pm
Somebody please remake Ghost Master
The original from 2003 is for sale on Steam and everyone seems to agree that it's an excellent game, ripe for a remake.

It's got a unique premise and addictive gameplay - name another game where the object is to get rid of all your enemies not by killing them, but by scaring their pants off.

Ghost Master on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/6200
Last edited by Cougarific; Sep 24, 2013 @ 1:26pm
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 24, 2013 @ 1:48pm 
What exactly needs to be updated? It seems to have decent graphics, runs on modern machines etc..

Chances are your not going to get what you are expecting and just end up disappointed.
C0untzer0 Sep 24, 2013 @ 1:57pm 
I'll do it if you pay for everything. Just slip me a couple of million to start, and buy the rights, I'll let you know when I need more money. Shouldn't take more than 4 years.
Cougarific Sep 24, 2013 @ 3:10pm 
It *sorta* runs okay on modern machines - some peeps have to do some tweaking to make cutscenes work, for example.

But that's the beauty of it - it really just needs a little caressing, not a major overhaul. A couple of GUI tweaks to bring it into this decade, controller support for the kiddies, additional customization options, minor graphical facelift...I doubt the rights would be expensive, it's not like it's selling like hotcakes as-is.

It also seems packed with multi-player potential. I can envision all sorts of modes of play, co-op and versus.

It's just, when I see what's being offered on Greenlight right now, then see a really stellar game like this languishing in the shadows, I wish somebody looking for ideas would ponder on this game or game STYLE for a while. It's pretty unique and very fun to play.
Last edited by Cougarific; Sep 24, 2013 @ 3:14pm
Skoardy Sep 25, 2013 @ 4:07am 
Are the devs/publishers regular readers on the Greenlight forums? 'Cos unless you're sure they are, you're directing your pleas to entirely the wrong people. Maybe you could do some of the legwork yourself (since it's your idea and you who wants it) and find out if the rights are even for sale and how much they'd cost.

Your 'the game isn't selling so they won't be expensive' point is a double-edged sword, you know. Not sure how you know exactly but if the game has little interest, there wouldn't really be much reason in someone spending their own time/money updating it. Seems like there'd be little return for all that investment.
Pox Sep 25, 2013 @ 2:11pm 
No one can just "remake" any game if they don't own the copyrights / intellectual property first. However, someone could be inspired to make a game LIKE it and that would most likely be ok legally. If you're really serious about this, encouraging the developers is definately the best route to go.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2013 @ 1:23pm