Steam Greenlight
Games in the Greenlight queue that you've bought elsewhere.
I thought it might be informative if we kept a record of games that we ended up buying elsewhere because they took too long to get through Greenlight.

My list so far:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=114327732
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92974516
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92975821

I want to acknowledge the great strides that Valve have been making with Greenlight.

The purpose of this thread is more to highlight games that have sold to at least to one person that have been languishing for a while. Some of them have been around since the early days of Greenlight and may well have been forgotten in the swell of newer titles.

EDIT: In the interests of fairness it's probably worth mentioning if the games turned out to be worth buying. xD I only just got "It's a Wipe" and I'm on the fence...
Zuletzt bearbeitet von irrevenant; 23. Sep. 2013 um 0:23
< >
Beiträge 115 von 36
Considering that they've been constantly working to streamline the process and improve their ability to put projects through, what exactly are you expecting the provision of such records to accomplish?
Ursprünglich geschrieben von -Z-:
Considering that they've been constantly working to streamline the process and improve their ability to put projects through, what exactly are you expecting the provision of such records to accomplish?
It's a fair question and I do want to acknowledge the great work Valve have done in getting Greenlight moving again. I've edited the original message to address this concern, thanks.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von irrevenant; 22. Sep. 2013 um 1:11
Let's just hope this thread doesn't devolve into "Steam hates Genre x" I know I vote for a lot more racers than I should, just so one or two sneak through to the store.
Just looks like a thread for people to show off games they've bought. Don't really see the 'proper' purpose. Games not greenlit = not enough people like them. Games greenlit but not on sale = devs still sorting things out. I don't see this thread fixing either of those unless it's just going to turn into advertising spam (and I'm sure the non-greenlit devs will soon be happy to join in).
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Skoardy; 22. Sep. 2013 um 4:35
The problem with this thread is that some of this frustration (or whatever the emotion behind creating the thread is) is misdirected. If a game has been Greenlit, it's not in any way Valve's fault that it isn't available on the Steam store yet. It's the responsibility of the developers to get it ready for the store at that point.
Skoardy 22. Sep. 2013 um 14:19 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Mindwedge:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93025511

Monster Minis Extreme Off-Road
Greenlight Game
By: Mindwedge
Called it. ;)
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Skoardy; 22. Sep. 2013 um 14:20
Ursprünglich geschrieben von irrevenant:
The purpose of this thread is more to highlight games that have sold to at least to one person that have been languishing for a while. Some of them have been around since the early days of Greenlight and may well have been forgotten in the swell of newer titles.
So...the purpose of this thread is advertisement. >.>
Skoardy 22. Sep. 2013 um 16:32 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von -Z-:
So...the purpose of this thread is advertisement. >.>
Looks like it. Plus a touch of not-so-subtly veiled "Valve, look at the money you've lost!".
I've bought Primordia elsewhere (and then again on Steam) and managed to snag "Iron soul" in a give away. Does listing games gotten through giveaways count?

Edit: oooh I forgot. I bought GameDevTycoon from Greenheart games website.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Gorlom[Swe]; 22. Sep. 2013 um 17:48
Thordred 22. Sep. 2013 um 17:47 
Mindwege... Bone Town, hm? The "Clothes on version" they're trying to get greenlit makes no sense. If you want the real thing you have to get it from their website anyway. :P

I buy every greenlit game I voted for as soon as it hits the Steam store. I see my yes-votes as a kind of commitment. I'm very picky when it comes to voting on Greenlight, otherwise I couldn't afford it. :D:

Got many Greenlight games that haven't made it into the Steam store yet from (indie) bundles, most devs promised Steam redeemable keys for all buyers if their game gets greenlit.
I dunno Z, how about we roll with it and see who has put their money where their mouth is? I'm the only dev who posted so far, and I did list a few other than my own. Besides, it's not like this forum has been buzzing much lately anyway.

So far the Sarge takes top honors. Personal grats go to the C0unt from my seat. How about you Z? Surely there are one or two on your more than ample list.
Oh, I've bought an ample supply of titles that have been greenlit. However, I doubt they count for the OP's purpose, as they were either already greenlit at the time of purchase (the vast majority of which I bought post-launch on Steam) or I have ownership of them through supporting them on kickstarter and they're still in development.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von A Gelatinous Cube-Z-; 22. Sep. 2013 um 17:59
Thordred 22. Sep. 2013 um 18:11 
Examples?
Here are some games from indie bundles that already got greenlit + the devs already provided Steam keys: http://indiegamebundle.wikia.com/wiki/Keys_Added
Many other bundled games are still waiting for their green light (or Steam release), I don't want to browse through the dozens different bundles I bought to list them here.

But I think I missed the point of this thread when I wrote my first post.^^
Here are the games with Greenlight pages that I bought (and paid full price) before they got greenlit:
Black Mirror II (still not greenlit)
Black Mirror III (still not greenlit)
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller
Kenshi
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded
Perpetuum
Venetica
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Thordred; 22. Sep. 2013 um 18:13
For which one? Supporting the development and thus having ownership of them?

Not many, actually. Only two in that category, although I've got an eye on a third for when I have some more expendable income available - In Verbis Virtus and Chasm, to be specific, with the third being Centration.
< >
Beiträge 115 von 36
Pro Seite: 1530 50

Geschrieben am: 22. Sep. 2013 um 0:13