Steam Greenlight
Why are reported items not being removed?
Do they wait for a certain number of reports before looking at anything? I know that there has to be some patience involved, but having things (copyright violations, racist rants, etc) removed in a timely manner (or, you know, at all) might make it a little less painful to browse for things I'd actually like to support and/or buy.

I mean, they seem to move quickly enough when someone submits Minecraft...
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 15 коментара
Chances are, when recent numbskull pages vanish, it's because the poster saw sense and deleted it.

Valve seem to have taken the 'spring cleaning' type approach to moderation (especially in the Concepts section). As in, it's feels like it's something they only both doing once a year.
racists rants? are you talking about the forum or greenlight pages?
the owners of a greenlight page can moderate their own comment section to remove such thnigs.
Първоначално публикувано от GorlomSwe:
racists rants? are you talking about the forum or greenlight pages?
the owners of a greenlight page can moderate their own comment section to remove such thnigs.
I mean Greenlight submissions themselves. That content is most often in the Concepts section, though.
Because they are trolling for the lolz and are attentionseeking douchebags that shouldn't be fed like this?

As curious as I was about what projects you were talking about I think you should edit your post and remove that link.
Последно редактиран от Gorlom[Swe]; 21 септ. 2013 в 11:27
Obviously, and eventually he will be. How long since you reported him the first time?
1 day? Heh the greenlight moderators don't pay that much attention to game submissions and even less to concept submissions. Even the 7-8 days the project has been up for is far too short to expect mods to act on already.
As Skoardy says they seem to have more of a spring cleaning attitude. (they are a bit faster on functional problems though) I assume they simply have their hands full with a lot of things so cleaning out policy violators takes a far way down placement on the priority list.
Последно редактиран от Gorlom[Swe]; 21 септ. 2013 в 12:19
I'm not talking about a day... I mean weeks/months. Once you start getting to a week or two's delay, that's when things start looking pretty bad.
to many troll reports i would guess
I would like to point out that since this was posted, a number of reported items have since been removed. Thanks, whoever did that for us. :)
Just be patient the mods will get to it eventually. if the person who made it sees you freaking out that will just encourage them more.
Is the reporting process actually working properly?

I've tried communication to no success, so maybe I should look at reporting them.

In at least two cases I've outlined to devs that their submission violates copyright (they're using a title that is already copyrighted) and they've simply deleted my comment without even bothering to address it. Not my problem, if they want to get sued, I don't care.

Another one is more serious. The game is being listed as $20 once off payment for infinite online play (fair enough) but there is also this offer to become a "server partner" for $150 in a kind of MLM-like scheme where they encourage you to onsell the game and DLC. This makes up half of the actual Greenlight description no less.

I don't feel that this kind of merchandising or advertising is a good fit for Greenlight or Steam, and I think that trying to get Steam users to 'invest' in a particular business (as opposed to buying their product) should be discouraged.

They have sunmitted/resubmitted their game three times (annoying enough in itself) and each time I have posted a calm and rational comment or discussion thread asking why they are promoting their MLM scheme so strongly. In each case my question has again been simply deleted without reply.

Discourteous at best, and evidence of shady practice at worst.

(I won't name the game due to forum and Steam rules)
I didnt even know there was racism under the concepts. 0_0 I
I assume it works, it's just very, very slow - every once in a blue moon they send me an email telling me content I've reported had been removed. Maybe half a dozen items or less, every couple of weeks. Considering there's more fake/infringing/spam items than that in Concepts every couple of days, it does seem like a losing battle.

I generally leave a comment *and* report. I figure that if the poster still hasn't seen sense by the time Valve grind into action, they deserve anything they get. I just checked back a few pages and an item that I know I reported (a commercial AAA game that is already on Steam - obvious enough to spot if any staff happened to glance through the listings) is still there. It's been up for over a month. Like I say, sloooooooooooooooooooooooow.
My record is "137 Items have been removed" That must have taken a while, even with a new moron posting Minecrap every day...
Yeah, that 220 one shocked me. I think someone poor Steam employee cleared out the backlog as you can go through the early pages of Concepts and hardly find any fakes/joke projects. Then you just hit a point and it all starts again.

The worse thing about it is it swamps out the real concepts. There's devs in there with some great looking games that certainly deserve attention from Steam users. They're finding themselves shoulder to shoulder with spam pages, people who don't understand what the Concepts section is for and trolls, and they're getting ignored since people are surely seeing Concepts as nothing but a mess that's not worth their time.
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 15 коментара
На страница: 1530 50

Дата на публикуване: 21 септ. 2013 в 10:35
Публикации: 15