Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Marmalade Chainsaw Sep 21, 2013 @ 10:35am
Why are reported items not being removed?
Do they wait for a certain number of reports before looking at anything? I know that there has to be some patience involved, but having things (copyright violations, racist rants, etc) removed in a timely manner (or, you know, at all) might make it a little less painful to browse for things I'd actually like to support and/or buy.

I mean, they seem to move quickly enough when someone submits Minecraft...
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Skoardy Sep 21, 2013 @ 10:47am 
Chances are, when recent numbskull pages vanish, it's because the poster saw sense and deleted it.

Valve seem to have taken the 'spring cleaning' type approach to moderation (especially in the Concepts section). As in, it's feels like it's something they only both doing once a year.
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 21, 2013 @ 10:53am 
racists rants? are you talking about the forum or greenlight pages?
the owners of a greenlight page can moderate their own comment section to remove such thnigs.
Marmalade Chainsaw Sep 21, 2013 @ 11:01am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
racists rants? are you talking about the forum or greenlight pages?
the owners of a greenlight page can moderate their own comment section to remove such thnigs.
I mean Greenlight submissions themselves. That content is most often in the Concepts section, though.
Tatsuya Hiroki (HU) Sep 21, 2013 @ 11:15am 
would be nice if they would take actions against things like this: (removed)
Last edited by Tatsuya Hiroki (HU); Sep 21, 2013 @ 11:27am
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 21, 2013 @ 11:27am 
Because they are trolling for the lolz and are attentionseeking ♥♥♥♥♥♥bags that shouldn't be fed like this?

As curious as I was about what projects you were talking about I think you should edit your post and remove that link.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Sep 21, 2013 @ 11:27am
Tatsuya Hiroki (HU) Sep 21, 2013 @ 11:28am 
Because they are trolling for the lolz and are attentionseeking ♥♥♥♥♥♥bags that shouldn't be fed like this?

As curious as I was about what projects you were talking about I think you should edit your post and remove that link.
still it is against the rules to upload things like that, be it paid greenlight projects or only free concepts and the user should be banned
Last edited by Tatsuya Hiroki (HU); Sep 21, 2013 @ 11:28am
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 21, 2013 @ 11:33am 
Obviously, and eventually he will be. How long since you reported him the first time?
Tatsuya Hiroki (HU) Sep 21, 2013 @ 11:46am 
Obviously, and eventually he will be. How long since you reported him the first time?
it was today but im sure many other ppl already reported him before me
Last edited by Tatsuya Hiroki (HU); Sep 21, 2013 @ 11:46am
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 21, 2013 @ 12:18pm 
1 day? Heh the greenlight moderators don't pay that much attention to game submissions and even less to concept submissions. Even the 7-8 days the project has been up for is far too short to expect mods to act on already.
As Skoardy says they seem to have more of a spring cleaning attitude. (they are a bit faster on functional problems though) I assume they simply have their hands full with a lot of things so cleaning out policy violators takes a far way down placement on the priority list.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Sep 21, 2013 @ 12:19pm
Marmalade Chainsaw Sep 21, 2013 @ 12:33pm 
I'm not talking about a day... I mean weeks/months. Once you start getting to a week or two's delay, that's when things start looking pretty bad.
bombRIFIC Sep 25, 2013 @ 1:48pm 
to many troll reports i would guess
Marmalade Chainsaw Sep 25, 2013 @ 1:51pm 
I would like to point out that since this was posted, a number of reported items have since been removed. Thanks, whoever did that for us. :)
Pox Sep 25, 2013 @ 2:03pm 
Just be patient the mods will get to it eventually. if the person who made it sees you freaking out that will just encourage them more.
Sgt.Psycho Sep 25, 2013 @ 3:29pm 
Is the reporting process actually working properly?

I've tried communication to no success, so maybe I should look at reporting them.

In at least two cases I've outlined to devs that their submission violates copyright (they're using a title that is already copyrighted) and they've simply deleted my comment without even bothering to address it. Not my problem, if they want to get sued, I don't care.

Another one is more serious. The game is being listed as $20 once off payment for infinite online play (fair enough) but there is also this offer to become a "server partner" for $150 in a kind of MLM-like scheme where they encourage you to onsell the game and DLC. This makes up half of the actual Greenlight description no less.

I don't feel that this kind of merchandising or advertising is a good fit for Greenlight or Steam, and I think that trying to get Steam users to 'invest' in a particular business (as opposed to buying their product) should be discouraged.

They have sunmitted/resubmitted their game three times (annoying enough in itself) and each time I have posted a calm and rational comment or discussion thread asking why they are promoting their MLM scheme so strongly. In each case my question has again been simply deleted without reply.

Discourteous at best, and evidence of shady practice at worst.

(I won't name the game due to forum and Steam rules)
Ms. Frizzle Sep 25, 2013 @ 5:53pm 
I didnt even know there was racism under the concepts. 0_0 I
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2013 @ 10:35am