Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Tatsuya Hiroki -sensei Sep 20, 2013 @ 9:03am
question concerning greenlight
Since there is such a huge confusion about a certain greenlight dev giwing away free copies to anyone who join their group and help their project greenlighted, I wanted to ask where it is said its against the rules? Im so tired of all those butthurt ppl acting like some sort of fairness police -.-
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 20, 2013 @ 9:28am 
Do you have any link to some background about this? It's the first I've heard about it.
C0untzer0 (Banned) Sep 20, 2013 @ 9:31am 
Originally posted by Tatsuya Hiroki:
Im so tired of all those butthurt ppl acting like some sort of fairness police -.-
Then don't be one?
Tatsuya Hiroki -sensei Sep 20, 2013 @ 9:32am 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:
Im so tired of all those butthurt ppl acting like some sort of fairness police -.-
Then don't be one?
im not any of those im just trying to get a clear answer if whether or not they are breaking any rules so that i could tell them and hopefully they will stfu
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 20, 2013 @ 9:49am 
I can't find a single complaint about them trying to game the system on their greenlight page....

Are you saying the mods of that greenlight project are zealous moderatiors that does not tolerate critique or complaints?

I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with that policy. Hidden object puzzle-"adventure" games aren't really that big a genre to begin with afaik and with this votemanipulation I'm assuming they're going to eat into their customer base quite a bit. I don't think it's against any rules yet... It has to become a problem before Valve decides to make rules against it.

Originally posted by C0untzer0:
Then don't be one?
im not any of those im just trying to get a clear answer if whether or not they are breaking any rules so that i could tell them and hopefully they will stfu
You know that won't acctually stop them right? Noone that posts stuff like that care enough to really come back, and you can't technically prove the lack of something.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Sep 20, 2013 @ 9:49am
Tatsuya Hiroki -sensei Sep 20, 2013 @ 9:51am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
I can't find a single complaint about them trying to game the system on their greenlight page....

Are you saying the mods of that greenlight project are zealous moderatiors that does not tolerate critique or complaints?

I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with that policy. Hidden object puzzle-"adventure" games aren't really that big a genre to begin with afaik and with this votemanipulation I'm assuming they're going to eat into their customer base quite a bit. I don't think it's against any rules yet... It has to become a problem before Valve decides to make rules against it.

You know that won't acctually stop them right? Noone that posts stuff like that care enough to really come back, and you can't technically prove the lack of something.
The complaints were on steamgifts.com forum
http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/ceAOF/free-nightmares-from-the-deep-the-cursed-heart-for-joing-group-when-greenlit
Tatsuya Hiroki -sensei Sep 20, 2013 @ 9:52am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:

anyway so they are not breaking any rules, right? as someone mentioned that he gonna report the project
jeslyck Sep 20, 2013 @ 10:03am 
No there should be no rules against giving your game away but remember valv ultimately determine whether you get a greenlight
Tatsuya Hiroki -sensei Sep 20, 2013 @ 10:12am 
Originally posted by jeslyck:
No there should be no rules against giving your game away but remember valv ultimately determine whether you get a greenlight
ah okay thats what i wanted to know, thanks
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 20, 2013 @ 10:45am 
We can't be sure until a Valve employee comments on it though. As I said it is very hard to prove the lack of something.
Tamerlane Sep 20, 2013 @ 12:07pm 
Galactic Arms Race sorta did this. They did a huge giveaway (on SteamGifts) but you did not have to vote YES to win a copy.. in fact I didn't and I won a copy (can't believe it actually got Greenlit). Looking forward to the Steam release actually (I can play it, but the devs are rewriting the entire game code so I'll wait for that to be done).
Last edited by Tamerlane; Sep 20, 2013 @ 12:19pm
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2013 @ 9:03am