Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Wikzo Sep 15, 2013 @ 5:21am
Concept, then upgrade to Greenlight later?
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to create a Steam Concept page (free) and then later upgrade it to Steam Greenlight ($100 fee)?
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Wikzo Sep 15, 2013 @ 5:32am 
Thanks, I found this:

"What carries over from concept to regular submission?
Greenlight does not currently support switching between concept, game, and software categories. If you have an entry in one category and need it to be in a different category, you will need to create a new entry under the desired category."

I think that is a little strange, since it would be nice to start slowly with a concept and then later (when the development of the game begins) upgrade to "regular" Greenlight.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- Sep 15, 2013 @ 7:01am 
You could still do that. You'd just have to hope that people are following your concept page so they might pay attention when you announce on it that you're putting up the submission page.
Wikzo Sep 15, 2013 @ 10:20am 
Yeah, but there is still a risk of people not joining the new "regular" Greenlight page :)
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 15, 2013 @ 10:55am 
Originally posted by Wikzo:
Yeah, but there is still a risk of people not joining the new "regular" Greenlight page :)
There would be a risk that people wouldn't revisit your greenlight page after you upfgraded if it was the other way around...
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2013 @ 5:21am