Steam Greenlight
Oggab0gga 13 sep, 2013 @ 12:26
Possible ideas and games you would buy
We all have our "dream game" Post it here.
EDIT: DO NOT POST GAMES ALREADY MADE/ GAMES NOT PORTED TO PC
ONLY IDEAS AND/OR CONCEPTS

Requirements for a great game IMO
>open world
>Descent graphics
>Decent plot+story (at least a situation, like KSP)
>non- repetitious gameplay (f.ex, not just the same mission template in different situations. Boring as ♥♥♥♥)
>(maybe) Character customization, like in Saints Row and the clothing options like in APB:R, or again, saints row
>Humor.

Possible themes

>a stealth-style(thief or dishonored, preferably dishonored so you can choose if you want to stealth) game with Mirrors edge parkour, in first person, with Chivalry combat mechanics. Essentially a Ninja game. If a game like this had decent graphics and lightning, good combat+gameplay elements like smoke bombs and such, i would buy it TWICE

>A game sort of like a combination of Chivalry, Skyrim and Warband. You command an army, preferably in an open world, with the map system of warband, the graphics and moddability of Skyrim (and modding of warband) and the customization and combat of chivalry, WHILST AHORSE.

>Half life 3

Thoughts=

Senast ändrad av Oggab0gga; 26 feb, 2014 @ 10:53
< >
Visar 1-15 av 232 kommentarer
TBS 13 sep, 2013 @ 20:01 
personally I would be interested in a side scrolling arcade style fighting game, like final fight, Streets of Rage, or Double Dragon.
#FatMat 14 sep, 2013 @ 8:46 
i feel the same
Gorlom[Swe] 14 sep, 2013 @ 10:55 
Ursprungligen skrivet av ifail_daily:
I would love to see all Kingdom Hearts on Steam.
Ifail_daily: You're offtopic. Op isn't talking about titles, he's talking about general game ideas as in game concepts and yet to be done games.

@Oggab0gga: I think this would have been better suited in the request subforum.
C0untzer0 17 sep, 2013 @ 3:35 
Ursprungligen skrivet av Oggab0gga:
We all have our "dream game" Post it here.

Requirements for a great game IMO
>open world
>Descent graphics
>Decent plot+story (at least a situation, like KSP)
>non- repetitious gameplay (f.ex, not just the same mission template in different situations. Boring as ♥♥♥♥)
>(maybe) Character customization, like in Saints Row and the clothing options like in APB:R, or again, saints row
>Humor.

Thoughts=

Not an unreasonable list, but a problem exists with your last point. I've seen a lot of stuff on GL which wasn't amusing to me in the slightest, but was funny to them. My mother in law is a Swede, My Father in law's Irish, I've never seen them laugh at the same thing...

Ursprungligen skrivet av Oggab0gga:
Possible themes

>A game sort of like a combination of Chivalry, Skyrim and Warband. You command an army, preferably in an open world, with the map system of warband, the graphics and moddability of Skyrim (and modding of warband) and the customization and combat of chivalry, WHILST AHORSE.
You'd need a hell of a team to pull that off. It's not impossible but it's a lot of work for a lot of people.

I'm not sure what I want from a game, that's the beauty. I generally don't like shooters, but HomeFront ran right up my flagpole with the plot behind it, and Borderlands was a lot more fun than I was expecting.

I'd like to see a game with many layers, where you can have a "Hearts of Iron" style overview, bringing it down to a "Total war" style tactical layer, and a team shooter layer. Possibly throw in a stealth/assasin layer also, and a TD/TA part for vital strongholds. And these should work independently. As this doesn't exist, I'm having to create it.

Clearly this is really a half-dozen different games, and I'm creating them as such, one at a time, finding new people to work with as I progress from the small mini-games to the more basic play-styles.
AusSkiller 17 sep, 2013 @ 5:01 
Most of what I want is already in development thanks largely to crowd funding :D.

- A LARGE scale macro oriented RTS (Planetary Annihilation)
- An open world space sim (Limit Theory, X Rebirth and Star Citizen)
- RPGs reminiscent of Planescape Torment (Torment: Tides of Numenare, Project Eternity)
- A dwarf fortress like game but with graphics (Castle Story, Stonehearth)
- TRPGs (Massive Challice, Jagged Alliance: Flashback)
- Point and click adventure games (SpaceVenture, Project Fedora, Broken Sword)
- A new Syndicate game (Satellite Reign)

About the only game concept I still want to see is a Sci-Fi top-down RPG (with gameplay similar to Diablo or the old fallout games), though ranged weapons make such a feat hard to pull off which is why there are very few Sci-Fi RPGs like that.
Gorlom[Swe] 17 sep, 2013 @ 5:05 
Ursprungligen skrivet av AusSkiller:

About the only game concept I still want to see is a Sci-Fi top-down RPG (with gameplay similar [...] or the old fallout games), though ranged weapons make such a feat hard to pull off which is why there are very few Sci-Fi RPGs like that.
Have you looked at "Underrail"? It recently got greenlit in the 100 games batch. There is a demo available.
C0untzer0 17 sep, 2013 @ 5:06 
Ursprungligen skrivet av AusSkiller:
About the only game concept I still want to see is a Sci-Fi top-down RPG (with gameplay similar to Diablo or the old fallout games), though ranged weapons make such a feat hard to pull off which is why there are very few Sci-Fi RPGs like that.
Have you tried http://store.steampowered.com/app/10530/?snr=1_7_15__13
Pretty well executed, and worth a few replays for diffeent plot endings.
AusSkiller 17 sep, 2013 @ 5:45 
Ursprungligen skrivet av GorlomSwe:
Have you looked at "Underrail"? It recently got greenlit in the 100 games batch. There is a demo available.
Yeah that's one of the few games on greenlight I've voted for, but I was thinking more futuristic Sci-Fi (like Mass Effect), not so much post apocalyptic Sci-Fi.

Ursprungligen skrivet av C0untzer0:
Have you tried http://store.steampowered.com/app/10530/?snr=1_7_15__13
Pretty well executed, and worth a few replays for diffeent plot endings.
Yeah that sort of thing, I've got it but the little I played of it was a bit underwhelming, I'll probably get back to playing it again sometime and once I get further in it'll probably be better (though the meta score sugests otherwise).

Now that I think about it the new Shadow Run Returns might fill the void, I should try it out sometime, but it might still be a bit too close to post apocalyptic and I think the gameplay went in a more TRPG direction too. Ideally I'd be wanting something along the lines of an offline and top-down version of Phantasy Star Online but with much larger areas to explore.
HANZO 18 sep, 2013 @ 5:37 
J'aimerais pouvoir acheter The King of Fighters 98 Ultimate match STEAM EDITION sur steam en cross-plateform PC et MAC
I would like to buy The King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match STEAM EDITION of steam in cross-plateform PC and MAC
HANZO 18 sep, 2013 @ 6:03 
Avec un bon mode de jeu en ligne comme KOF13
Skoardy 18 sep, 2013 @ 10:08 
Ursprungligen skrivet av VICARIUS_974:
I would like to buy The King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match STEAM EDITION of steam in cross-plateform PC and MAC
I think you've missed the point of the thread somewhat. It's for pie-in-the-sky feature lists people would like for games, not specific game requests.
Gorlom[Swe] 18 sep, 2013 @ 10:09 
Ursprungligen skrivet av VICARIUS_974:
J'aimerais pouvoir acheter The King of Fighters 98 Ultimate match STEAM EDITION sur steam en cross-plateform PC et MAC
Wrong thread. Wrong gaming platform. Wrong company. Wrong function.

about everything is wrong about your post :(

What you want is a wishlist similar to that of gog.com. Nothing on Steam or greenlight works the way you want/assume.

But as the game you want does not even exist on either PC or Mac platforms you want to contact the devs/publisher and ask them nicely to spend a lot of money (that they will likely not make back) to port their game to those platforms. Valve will not do this for you as this is not the way greenlight works.

In either case your post has nothing to do with this thread.
Senast ändrad av Gorlom[Swe]; 18 sep, 2013 @ 10:10
Spl1nter_50 20 sep, 2013 @ 6:22 
i would like someone to develop a game based around an open plan world which is multiplayer where you are able to craft objects that effect the world not just as an item but as a core fabric like dayz but with actuall interaction with the building blocks of the world you walk in with quest type objectives like an mmorg but the playability of a fps / action game and the crafting of minecraft basicly the best of the latest games rolled into a fully customisable world that is persistant and can be changed by actions of players with no "power hungry admins" and somthing to keep you occupied for all of teh time you play . maybe askin too much but that is my version of a good game
Qon 23 sep, 2013 @ 21:03 
I want a fps/fp fighting game with this as the level design and graphics.
And some fancy gameplay also...
Shadow Garden 27 okt, 2013 @ 9:13 
good!
< >
Visar 1-15 av 232 kommentarer
Per sida: 1530 50