Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
v890 Sep 11, 2013 @ 6:20am
afterfall insanity
it does not work on win 7 64 bit duo core wat a rip min requirement is crapppp wont start dont waste your money on it
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 11, 2013 @ 8:04am 
As the game si being sold in the store it's not really part of greenlight anymore. This kind of thread is not suited for greenlight forum. Have you tried to discuss this on the afterfall insanity community hub?
wilco64256 Sep 11, 2013 @ 8:13am 
Have you tried just contacting the devs for assistance?
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 11, 2013 @ 9:31am 
steam support would be worth checking too.
Thordred Sep 11, 2013 @ 1:21pm 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
Not really, I doubt they will provide support for third-party products.
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 11, 2013 @ 1:49pm 
Originally posted by Thordred:
Not really, I doubt they will provide support for third-party products.
I was under the impression that the OP had bought the game through Steam and had trouble launching/playing it through Steam. Are you sure it's nothing that Steam Support should be involved in?

And how is it a third party product?
Edit: NVM I had a faulty understanding of what third party meant, or actually what the second party was :p (but isn't technically Steam the third party?)
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Sep 11, 2013 @ 2:01pm
Thordred Sep 11, 2013 @ 2:10pm 
It is not developed or published by Valve.

If I had a problem with Steam or a Valve game I would contact Steam support, if I had a problem with a non-Valve game I would contact the dev or publisher. But then... I would most likely not contact anyone and just look up the solution to my problem.
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 11, 2013 @ 2:56pm 
Originally posted by Thordred:
It is not developed or published by Valve.

If I had a problem with Steam or a Valve game I would contact Steam support, if I had a problem with a non-Valve game I would contact the dev or publisher. But then... I would most likely not contact anyone and just look up the solution to my problem.
And with the little information he has given you how can you be sure it isn't a problem with Steam? maybe it didn't download properly and he needs to validate his files. maybe his antivirus is preventing Steam from launching the game.

He is saying that the game will not start, doesn't that mean that the problem technically is not with the game since the process hasn't started yet? It could very well be something with the Steam launcher. If he said it started ran a few seconds and then shut down I'd assume it was something with the game itself. But now I think it could be worth to explore any and every option, at least before whining about it on an unrelated forum.

PS: I'm having trouble decerning if you think Steam is not involved at all and he is trying to start a game he bought through another service, or if you just don't see the point in talking to steam support about what could potentially be a problem with Steam software launching a game sold through their service.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Sep 11, 2013 @ 3:00pm
v890 Sep 11, 2013 @ 4:32pm 
there is a validation file missing im still looking into heaps of options no joy so far bloody madening want to play this game too
v890 Sep 11, 2013 @ 4:42pm 
i bought the bloody game on steam there for it a problem isnt it
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 11, 2013 @ 4:55pm 
Originally posted by v890:
i bought the bloody game on steam there for it a problem isnt it
This isn't the general Steam forum though. It is the Greenlight forum specifically. The game is not part of Greenlight anymore. You will not get proper/reliable help with your problem or "warn" anyone about buying it.

Try the community hub, the devs own website or steam support.

Have you tried deleting the game and redownloading it? Have you closed and restarted Steam? Have you checked to see that you dont have any programs/processes interfereing with Steam running as you are installing and trying to play the game?

Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Sep 11, 2013 @ 4:56pm
C0untzer0 Sep 11, 2013 @ 11:48pm 
Have you tried running it in different compatibility modes? That's always my first step when something fails in 64.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2013 @ 6:20am