Steam Greenlight
Can i make an RPG Maker game and publish it on greenight?
Title.
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-14 commenti su 14
If you legally own the RPG Maker, yes. But please, do yourself a favor and don't use the default tilesets.
Messaggio originale di PiotroGames:
who are you thanking?
Messaggio originale di Snaeng:
If you legally own the RPG Maker, yes. But please, do yourself a favor and don't use the default tilesets.
That means the FULL licensed version. (Even if you're giving it away.) and there's another upgrade you need to buy if your game earns over 5000 (Can't remember if this was dollars or Pounds) and this time READ the EULA, it could cost you a lot of time and money if you don't.
Messaggio originale di C0untzer0:
That means the FULL licensed version. (Even if you're giving it away.) and there's another upgrade you need to buy if your game earns over 5000 (Can't remember if this was dollars or Pounds) and this time READ the EULA, it could cost you a lot of time and money if you don't.
I realised it was the full licensed version, also, how much would that upgrade cost, i mean, if i get 5000$ would it be enough?
"E. Distribution rights Licensee may, at its sole discretion and its own risk, distribute the game (“Game”) originally created by Licensee by utilizing the Software with the following conditions; (i) Only Licensee who properly completed the user registration may distribute its own Game; (ii) The Game that may be distributed by Licensee shall be legally created and shall not infringe third party’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, copyright, trademark, and/or any other intellectual property rights. Licensee shall, at its own expense, indemnify, defend and hold ENTERBRAIN harmless against any claim/suit/proceeding brought against ENTERBRAIN arising out of or in connection with the Game on the issue of infringement of any patent, copyright and/or any other intellectual properties of any third party; and (iii) Licensee shall be fully responsible for the Game, its contents, including, but not limited to, character, story, scenario, plot, map, music, sound, design, name, the Game’s distribution method, and/or any other items created or added by Licensee."

A part of the RPG Maker VX Ace EULA (http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/support/eula), that states i can publish my game if it's "legally created and does not infringe third party's rights", so if i create my own character, story, scenario, plot, map, music, sound, design, and name (as stated above), i am legally allowed to publish my game on steam greenlight?
There are already RPG maker games in greenlight and I think to the moon is an RPG maker game? if that is so then there are already RPG maker games in the Steam store.

If all the assets, IP, story etc belong to you there is nothing to prevent you from using RPG maker to put it all together and submit it to greenlight.
Ultima modifica da Gorlom[Swe]; 6 set 2013, ore 7:35
Messaggio originale di yotmam12:
I realised it was the full licensed version, also, how much would that upgrade cost, i mean, if i get 5000$ would it be enough?
If you earn over 5000 US$ you won't have to worry about the upgrade costs.
True, I think it's more a cover your ass for tax and legal purposes thing. (the 5k limit is basically the point when the govt says "That's a business, not a hobby"...)
Ultima modifica da C0untzer0; 6 set 2013, ore 10:13
Messaggio originale di yotmam12:
great.
there's another upgrade you need to buy if your game earns over 5000 (Can't remember if this was dollars or Pounds
Where did you ever hear that? That isn't the case at all. You might be thinking of another engine.
Messaggio originale di Marmalade Chainsaw:
there's another upgrade you need to buy if your game earns over 5000 (Can't remember if this was dollars or Pounds
Where did you ever hear that? That isn't the case at all. You might be thinking of another engine.
Ya got me, I've been experimenting with a lot of engines this summer.

If he makes that much, though, it's definitely time to find a lawyer/accountant/whoever handles these things in his country (most places can provide government assistance to do all that)
Ultima modifica da C0untzer0; 7 set 2013, ore 1:28
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-14 commenti su 14
Per pagina: 1530 50

Data di pubblicazione: 6 set 2013, ore 5:15