Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Game Coding Ninja Sep 4, 2013 @ 7:38pm
The end of Greenlight?
I heard Steam announced at GDC that they will be ending Greenlight. Is that true?
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Pinballwiz45b Sep 4, 2013 @ 7:40pm 
That was loooong ago, back in the end of March. I doubt Greenlight is going to end after they just Greenlit 100 games about 1 week back.
Guiulyo_360 Sep 4, 2013 @ 7:56pm 
Tomara que continue, muito bom apenas precisa de melhoras...
AusSkiller Sep 4, 2013 @ 8:21pm 
I wouldn't expect to see anything happen to greenlight until a while after they stop accepting submissions or made an announcement about their future plans for greenlight, I'm sure it would ♥♥♥♥ a lot of people off if it was taken down or changed a few days after they submitted their game.
Slur Sep 4, 2013 @ 9:10pm 
We can only beg.
Sera Sep 4, 2013 @ 10:17pm 
Or troll, in your case... Since this is all you're good at... It won't go down so easily since many people paid to put their games on Greenlight and it funds charities. Not like Greenlight changes anything to your life...
SHOWTIME Sep 5, 2013 @ 7:13am 
Oh,no.
jeslyck Sep 5, 2013 @ 11:10am 
I have heard that there has never been people on the moon and it was all a conspiracy of hollywood and circus Association.
jeslyck Sep 5, 2013 @ 11:43am 
Originally posted by Mindwedge:
Originally posted by Game Coding Ninja:
I heard Steam announced at GDC that they will be ending Greenlight. Is that true?

Eventually, or it'll have some other purpose. Latest article:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/199249/For_Gabe_Newell_Greenlight_is_just_a_stepping_stone_to_a_bigger_endgame.php

The next step would be to make the front page smarter since it has limits.
1 Why do I see titles I have bought
2 Why do I see FPS etc when I never play them

What about an option to view one's home country games
Game Coding Ninja Sep 5, 2013 @ 8:40pm 
Originally posted by Mindwedge:
Eventually, or it'll have some other purpose. Latest article:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/199249/For_Gabe_Newell_Greenlight_is_just_a_stepping_stone_to_a_bigger_endgame.php
thanks for the link to the article. It explains a lot.
ゆき Sep 6, 2013 @ 4:14am 
Originally posted by jeslyck:

It's a storefront, it's suppose to entice you into buying games or software. Hiding games based on your taste isn't going to do that. Maybe someday you'll see an FPS and buy it. As for showing games you already own.. Ever heard of DLC or extra content you can only get by going to the storefront of each game?
-Z- Sep 6, 2013 @ 5:57am 
There's also the option to gift a game to someone else. There's a chance that people aren't complete tightwads and will buy games they like for friends of theirs who want them.
jeslyck Sep 6, 2013 @ 7:08am 
Originally posted by ゆき:
Originally posted by jeslyck:

It's a storefront, it's suppose to entice you into buying games or software. Hiding games based on your taste isn't going to do that. Maybe someday you'll see an FPS and buy it. As for showing games you already own.. Ever heard of DLC or extra content you can only get by going to the storefront of each game?

It should only remove things you do not buy or have bought with things you are buying as an option.
.!.oO=Boney-Dog-Lee=Oo.!. Sep 6, 2013 @ 8:45am 
I'm waiting for a smarter storefront too and a smarter greenlight frontpage would be nice as well. With some news updates on the games being developed and other cool community driven entertainment values.

[edit] Add that to the custom storefront as "selcted newsfeeds"
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 4, 2013 @ 7:38pm