Steam Greenlight
Do I have to buy a game before submitting?
I want to submit software to Steam Greenlight and I read (and think) that it is a good idea to use a new account to represent my company / my public myself.
Before you proceed with purchasing the Greenlight Submission fee, you may want to create a new Steam account to represent your company.
But I also found following on the steam homepage some minutes ago:
You'll need a valid and non-limited Steam account (yes, that means you'll need to own a game on Steam).

So this means I have to buy a game or software to follow the advise of creating a new account?
I do not know all games, so what would be the minimun I have to pay?
< >
19/9 megjegyzés mutatása
depends on the sales, but there are a number of titles for a dollar or less...
Here's a cheap one: http://store.steampowered.com/app/232770/
Legutóbb szerkesztette: C0untzer0; 2013. szept. 4., 10:03
are you sure the valid non-limited account is't just for voting?
The quote is from the FAQ and the question is "What do I need in order to submit my game?".
I do not get this information when I press the green "submit your item" button. That is the reason I ask.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Izibaar; 2013. szept. 4., 16:25
Have you tried submitting it without haveing a game tied to the submitting account? Just to see if it works?

I would assume the $100 would validate and make that account a non-limited version.
If I wanted to try it I would not have asked. ;) Anyway, I will try it at the end of the week, because I think it is a good idea to keep this account private and create a new for support, marketing, etc. I have to pay 100$, so 1$ for a game will not kill me.
But still thanks for the help.
Izibaar eredeti hozzászólása:
If I wanted to try it I would not have asked. ;) Anyway, I will try it at the end of the week, because I think it is a good idea to keep this account private and create a new for support, marketing, etc. I have to pay 100$, so 1$ for a game will not kill me.
Yeah that's the smart way to do things, let us know how it goes I'm sure some of use would be interested to know for sure if you need to buy a game to submit to greenlight (I know I am ;)).
You can also activate a key from a bundle, any key is ok, in that way your account will became valid and you can proceed to enter the 100$ fee.
Izibaar eredeti hozzászólása:
So this means I have to buy a game or software to follow the advise of creating a new account?
If you are posting a game or software as a full Greenlight submission for voting, then you will be prompted to pay the Greenlight Submission Fee. Paying this fee will not only grant you access to post your submission to Greenlight, but will remove the 'limited' flag from your account.

So, our suggestion is to create a new account to represent your company or team and pay the Greenlight submission fee from that new account and then proceed to posting your submission to Greenlight.
Cool, thanks for the clarification Alden :)
< >
19/9 megjegyzés mutatása
Laponként: 1530 50

Közzétéve: 2013. szept. 4., 9:39