Strike Suit Zero

New ships, weapons, missions, and more
Discover new ships, weapons and missions for Strike Suit Zero, created by others in the community. Or use the XedMod editor to create and share your own, or to create entirely new games. Click here to learn more and to get started.
Jupiter Jazz Sep 3, 2013 @ 2:18pm
Under the Hood
Is XedMod only usable for creating custom missions, with equipment and code adjustments exclusive to them, or can it also modify aspects of the vanilla game? I like messing around with stats and such for when I actually play, but I'm not entirely sure if that is supported by XedMod.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
[TAW] tah;rox Sep 3, 2013 @ 2:22pm 
You can modify stats.
Jupiter Jazz Sep 3, 2013 @ 2:32pm 
I can, and I have - my question is, can I make a mod that just modifies the stats of suits and weapons in the game, without having to make a custom mission out of it?
[TAW] tah;rox Sep 3, 2013 @ 2:34pm 
You just need to find the right mission and load it in the editor, you should be able to grab any existing mission from the game files.
Jupiter Jazz Sep 3, 2013 @ 2:36pm 
Elaborate? I'm not entirely sure you understand what I'm asking for, no offense intended.
[TAW] tah;rox Sep 3, 2013 @ 2:40pm 
You mean if it is ok for the developers? I think it is, you don't make any money out of it. If you mean if you can actually do it, yes, you are able to with the editor, haven't tried myself. But I'm sure APEX can explain in detail, go to this thread please:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/846960481952878797/?appid=209540
Apex 3 Sep 4, 2013 @ 2:20am 
Hi Jupiter_Jazz

Unfortunately you cannot alter the main campaign itself. But you can open any of the missions from the main campaign, alter them and share them as separate missions. You could therefore, if you wanted to, recreate the main campaign as a mod and alter it as you wish ( I'll look into releasing the source for the rest of the missions on the wiki http://www.bornreadygames.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tutorials )
Last edited by Apex; Sep 4, 2013 @ 2:22am
Jupiter Jazz Sep 4, 2013 @ 2:27pm 
Hmm...that's a shame. I had a few ideas to balance out some of the existing missiles and make the Raptor a more viable suit defensively in hardcore.
a friendly dinosaur Sep 5, 2013 @ 12:18am 
Yeah, the inability to create quick "modifications" of the base game that only alter a small attribute or asset (like a majority of the Don't starve or other workshop games mods are) instead of standalone extensions that require a much broader understanding and efforts might factor in the number of workshop entries.
Supersolenoid Sep 26, 2013 @ 5:22pm 
Anyone know if you can alter the HUD? It's awful
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50