Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Qwertypasdty Sep 2, 2013 @ 2:52pm
do greenlight games give out trading cards?
i was just wondering
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Sera Sep 2, 2013 @ 3:04pm 
They can if the developers choose to include them, yes.
orb Sep 2, 2013 @ 3:11pm 
Yes, those which implement it.

If you want to know which currently have them, compare these lists:
Last edited by orb; Sep 2, 2013 @ 3:11pm
jeslyck Sep 2, 2013 @ 3:15pm 
Trading cards are junk first thing I have not liked from valv in a long time.
Sera Sep 2, 2013 @ 3:27pm 
Trading cards are not bad but the issue is how they're given. They make sure you can't get them all by yourself alone.
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 2, 2013 @ 3:32pm 
Originally posted by Sera:
Trading cards are not bad but the issue is how they're given. They make sure you can't get them all by yourself alone.
technically you can if you wait long enough while other people complete badges you can get those booster packs.
Sera Sep 2, 2013 @ 3:38pm 
Yeah, I got those rarely. It is indeed a method to get needed cards but let's admit they are very rare... My level is 20 because I bought ton of cards for badges and I have no complaints or regrets there; It was my choice. Still sad that we have to trade needed cards away for other needed cards. I'm not sure I get how the system works. I understand if you want to trade away all unwanted cards but I need all I get and I can't trade them away for other ones.
jeslyck Sep 2, 2013 @ 4:00pm 
I do not understand what can I use them for?
Sera Sep 2, 2013 @ 4:03pm 
You use them to make badges which you can then use to show off or collect. They give exp, increase your level, etc.
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 2, 2013 @ 4:07pm 
Originally posted by jeslyck:
epen.

it might be possible you can get discount coupons but im not sure about that one.
jeslyck Sep 2, 2013 @ 4:12pm 
Not that I do not have collection mania but many cards are ugly and sloppy created and lacks a little practical use (Card games and actually trading cards)
orb Sep 2, 2013 @ 4:13pm 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
it might be possible you can get discount coupons but im not sure about that one.
Yeah, you get random discount coupons for crafting badges.

However, this isn't the place where you ask what's their use, as they aren't dependent on Greenlight.

Please refer to:
http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards/discussions/1/
Last edited by orb; Sep 2, 2013 @ 4:13pm
Pantheon Sep 2, 2013 @ 8:01pm 
Originally posted by jeslyck:
Sell 'em on the market. Best thing you can do with them.
Sgt.Psycho Sep 2, 2013 @ 10:28pm 
Originally posted by orb:
However, this isn't the place where you ask what's their use, as they aren't dependent on Greenlight.

Please refer to:
http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards/discussions/1/

Well... the question was specifically about Greenlight, so that seems kosher to me.

Games in Greenlight don't give trading cards. Greenlit games may give trading cards.
orb Sep 3, 2013 @ 1:08am 
Originally posted by Sgt.Psycho:
Well... the question was specifically about Greenlight, so that seems kosher to me.
And that was answered in in my earlier post. But then somebody started undermining their usefulness, and this place isn't where they'd get the best answer.

Since only the games you launched through Steam in on-line mode and which have trading cards give you them through playing (or idling), I assumed that the question is about released Greenlight games.

Originally posted by Sgt.Psycho:
Games in Greenlight don't give trading cards. Greenlit games may give trading cards.
Games in Greenlight don't give cards, Greenlit games don't give cards, released on Steam games (with Greenlight banner) may give cards.
bera Sep 3, 2013 @ 5:23pm 
yeak, i bought one game form greenlight and nothing
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 2, 2013 @ 2:52pm