Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
TOP-Proto - Dominating Studios Sep 1, 2013 @ 2:15pm
Can you fix the damn stats page please?
Not being funny, but im trying to run a PR campaign and the stats page is going crazy, its misreporting the number of votes and even though we have had an influx of votes our % is going down.

Quite angry at the moment about this.
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Sera Sep 1, 2013 @ 2:20pm 
Maybe tons of people are shifting their votes for you to No.
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 1, 2013 @ 2:29pm 
the % towards being in the top 100? that could easily be explained by the 100th game in the top 100 getting more "yes" votes at a higher rate than you...
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Sep 1, 2013 @ 2:30pm
Skoardy Sep 1, 2013 @ 3:09pm 
Originally posted by TOP-Proto - Dominating Studios:
Quite angry at the moment about this.
What did they say when you reported the problem to support or posted it in the devs forums?
C0untzer0 Sep 1, 2013 @ 3:24pm 
If you've already submitted a ticket, what exactly do you expect this thread to achieve?
If you haven't already submitted a ticket, what exactly do you expect this thread to achieve?
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 1, 2013 @ 3:34pm 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:
If you've already submitted a ticket, what exactly do you expect this thread to achieve?
If you haven't already submitted a ticket, what exactly do you expect this thread to achieve?
Make savy forum goers go into their profile and look at what game they have listed on greenlight in hope of increasing traffic?

It's a cunning plan!
TOP-Proto - Dominating Studios Sep 1, 2013 @ 4:05pm 
we started our campaign after the 100 greenlit games, i screenshoted the stats before we started and have been keeping an eye on them - we are gaining more yes votes but somehow we are loosing percentage. my issue is from when i screenshotted the nice fancy graph they gave us was right and now its off, missing out from the looks of it 4k yes votes that were accounted for at the start. This is the second campaign we have done where our votes seemed to have a negative effect, only this time round i was watching more carefully. our no votes are not growing and as you all know, they do not affect the stats anyway. I am extremely frustrated with this greenlight process as its just an obsticle to us. Venting my frustration, but not really angry at Valve, just frustrated.
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 1, 2013 @ 5:05pm 
we started our campaign after the 100 greenlit games, i screenshoted the stats before we started and have been keeping an eye on them - we are gaining more yes votes but somehow we are loosing percentage. my issue is from when i screenshotted the nice fancy graph they gave us was right and now its off, missing out from the looks of it 4k yes votes that were accounted for at the start. This is the second campaign we have done where our votes seemed to have a negative effect, only this time round i was watching more carefully. our no votes are not growing and as you all know, they do not affect the stats anyway. I am extremely frustrated with this greenlight process as its just an obsticle to us. Venting my frustration, but not really angry at Valve, just frustrated.
You do know that the % is how many yes votes you have compared to the 100th game in the top 100. It's not a percentage of a static number, it (the number your number is compared to) changes together with your own number.

If the 100th game gathers more yes votes then you then your % will drop even if your overall number of yes votes increases.

Have you checked with the 100th game to see if their number has grown and at what rate? (I'm assuming that the game in the 100th slot hasn't told anyone that it is the 100th game so it might be hard to find out which game that would be)
TOP-Proto - Dominating Studios Sep 1, 2013 @ 5:08pm 
i cant understand how that makes the stats page loose 4k votes for us. you can clearly see the number and the chart it was right, then the next few days it gets worse and worse.
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 1, 2013 @ 5:13pm 
Ok, I have no idea what you are talking about. You're going to have to provide some visual aides. At first it sounded like you were complaining about your % dropping while the raw number of yes votes increased. Not that the raw number of votes were declining (which could be accounted for by people for some reason or other changing their votes?).
TOP-Proto - Dominating Studios Oct 2, 2013 @ 1:59am 
The stats page has now been fixed. :)

C0untzer0 Oct 2, 2013 @ 2:02am 
The stats page has now been fixed. :)
Then I strongly suggest you close the thread before you get 101 notifications from people
spamming for that damned badge.
TOP-Proto - Dominating Studios Oct 2, 2013 @ 2:03am 
badge? you can get a badge for spamming? lol
Gorlom[Swe] Oct 2, 2013 @ 2:07am 
badge? you can get a badge for spamming? lol
pillar of the community/community ambassador badges has a requirement to post on the forum.
It also has a requirement to vote on greenlight which results in most posting for their badge in the greenlight forum.

They don't care about contributing and usually post nonsens.
TOP-Proto - Dominating Studios Oct 2, 2013 @ 2:10am 
Ah. well i am just glad this is fixed, it was seriously bugging me :). it was demoralizing - like the harder we worked on our campaign the quicker that damn chart dropped :P

Hoping to get greenlit soon - we are getting close to our release :)
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 1, 2013 @ 2:15pm