Steam Greenlight
Yuga-Suggah 28 ago. 2013 às 11:05
100 Recently Greenlight Titles?
I left the forums for awhile for work/career related reasons(sorry, guys), but I had to say something. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=171260210

100 titles just got Greenlit. Wow!

While there are a couple games I do not really want to play, there are quite few games that have been requested on the forums and on outside news outlets. I personally, am glad to see Escape Goat and Mutant Mudds on the service.

What are your thoughts? "Yay" on lots of new titles? Or "Nay" on too many titles?Why the sudden deluge of games? Is Valve planning a paradigm shift or is Valve just feeling generous? Is Valve being too strict/loose on theirGreenlight guidelines? Or is this recent wave a sign of good/bad things too come?
Última alteração por Yuga-Suggah; 28 ago. 2013 às 13:31
< >
A mostrar 1-15 de 35 comentários
C0untzer0 28 ago. 2013 às 11:18 
I think that they're switching the system towards the more "open api" system espoused by many folks here. It certainly clears the bottleneck thing, but now it becomes a different game for the devs. I'm really glad that a couple of titles I'd given up for doomed got through.
Skoardy 28 ago. 2013 às 13:11 
Originalmente postado por MisterFour:
What are your thoughts?
That there's a 100 less bitter devs moaning about how the Greenlight system is 'obviously broken', tonight.
Bruviel 28 ago. 2013 às 13:17 
C0untzer0 28 ago. 2013 às 13:32 
Originalmente postado por Skoardy:
That there's a 100 less bitter devs moaning about how the Greenlight system is 'obviously broken', tonight.
No doubt plenty of whiners who didn't make the lowered bar will make up for that.
Seraphita 28 ago. 2013 às 13:36 
For my defense, and I am not a dev, but I find it more fair now with all the games that were greenlit. I'm finally a little satisfied with the results... I really thought the Greenlight justice was crap until I notice the games that passed. Not bad at all...
C0untzer0 28 ago. 2013 às 13:36 
Or, being a bit more sensible, and actually using my Statistical modelling head for a moment:
When Greenliht was launched a year ago, there were a LOT of submissions early on, some good ones were never going to really hit the top 10. Since then things have calmed down a lot, it's easier to single out around a dozen or so good new titles a month.Now a lot of the backlog has been shaken through, there will be a smoother throughput.
Psycho 28 ago. 2013 às 13:41 
Nice mix there, some obvious no-brainers for mass-market appeal (Iesebel, Shadow of Eternals, Talisman DE, Depth Hunter, Warmachine Tactics) but also a some eclectic and puzzling choices. Against the Wall is a beautiful and promising game I reviewed a while back, but it hasn't been updated since April 2012, before it was submitted here. The Last Phoenix also looks fun, but has been grinding away incrementally for months.

It's good to see Steam taking a bit of chance and moving beyond the catch-up phase to other e-tailers, not just releasing games already sold on GOG, Desura etc. The Cat Lady and The Plan show a more aggressive and insightful approach. Good work.

I also note at least four japanese-flavoured Greenlights there, including (omigosh!) a visual novel! So can we shush up about Steam 'censorship' now finally?

Last, but not least Paranautical Activity. So that chestnut/dead horse can be buried now.

Time to pony up on those 'yes' vote promises people, don't let those devs you support down now.
Última alteração por Psycho; 28 ago. 2013 às 13:43
Skoardy 28 ago. 2013 às 13:52 
Originalmente postado por C0untzer0:
No doubt plenty of whiners who didn't make the lowered bar will make up for that.
We'll probably have to put up with the "XYZ was greenlit - how come I can't buy it yet!" moaners for the next couple of days, too.

Originalmente postado por Sgt.Psycho:
I also note at least four japanese-flavoured Greenlights there, including (omigosh!) a visual novel! So can we shush up about Steam 'censorship' now finally?
Well, there was already a couple of JPRG/Anime flavoured games in Elsword and Agarest so I never really paid that much attention to that argument.
Seraphita 28 ago. 2013 às 13:55 
Originalmente postado por C0untzer0:
We'll probably have to put up with the "XYZ was greenlit - how come I can't buy it yet!" moaners for the next couple of days, too.
Right, let's prepare to see that... Hopefully, it won't be that bad...
Skoardy 28 ago. 2013 às 14:03 
Not yet seen... except for all the times it's happened in the past?

Originalmente postado por Mindwedge:
This is good news for everyone.
Especially those who've just moved up 100 places, eh? ;)
Última alteração por Skoardy; 28 ago. 2013 às 14:04
Seraphita 28 ago. 2013 às 14:03 
lol... Who said anything about moaning. Surely you remember all the stupid threads that spammed the hell out of Greenlight after it came out. Then again, it's been a while since we haven't seen those so we'll be fine.
Psycho 28 ago. 2013 às 14:12 
Well, there was already a couple of JPRG/Anime flavoured games in Elsword and Agarest so I never really paid that much attention to that argument.

Let's not let 'facts' and 'logic' spoil a good argument. :P What will these people do once all their genre-specific needs are met? Play them (not that they were unavailable before) , or whinge some more?

Originalmente postado por Mindwedge:
Oh how delightful - pre-moaning about moaning. A new paradigm on personal productivity. Let's turn those frowns upside-down now boys! This is good news for everyone.

You tell 'em tiger. 100 green lights is a major achievement and a great success for Greenlight. Everyone should be happy about that. The fact that approvals are ramping up should be very heartening to those devs wallowing in the doldrums. Far more indie-style/niche genre entries are being approved, which is part of what the moaning was about, as was the glacial approval process.

...and if you missed out on being picked guys, guess what? You're one, or several steps closer to top 100 and being greenlit. Grab a second wind, get stuck into your project and show Steam (and us) you're worthy of being greenlit.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- 28 ago. 2013 às 17:14 
Originalmente postado por Sgt.Psycho:
Time to pony up on those 'yes' vote promises people, don't let those devs you support down now.
That time won't come for a while yet. They have to be released before I can follow through on my end. ...and I will.

Of the 100, 11 were titles I've had my eye on. This brings my total now to 51 items voted on, 33 greenlit, 8 released, 7 purchased, and 1 waiting on my wishlist until payday. As a non-dev type, I've been fairly satisfied with the process. I've also had a tendency to buy released titles that I haven't voted on if they improved enough between when I voted to pass 'em by and release. >.>
Última alteração por A Gelatinous Cube-Z-; 28 ago. 2013 às 17:16
Seraphita 28 ago. 2013 às 17:17 
There are some games I saw greenlit that I am ready to buy whenever they get released. I hope the devs make it happen soon.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- 28 ago. 2013 às 17:19 
Originalmente postado por Sera:
There are some games I saw greenlit that I am ready to buy whenever they get released. I hope the devs make it happen soon.
If I don't have the funds on-hand when they're released, I put 'em straight onto my wishlist until I do.

Considering the amount of games I've yet to play through, though, they'll have some time to do any post-release patching needed before I get around to them. XD
< >
A mostrar 1-15 de 35 comentários
Por página: 1530 50

Postado a: 28 ago. 2013 às 11:05
Comentários: 35