Steam Greenlight
Has anyone gone through all (or most) of the Greenlight titles?
How long it took?
How do you feel?
Approximate % of interesting/good stuff compared to average and below.
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-12 από 12 σχόλια
Many of us have.
It's an ongoing process.
Fine thanks.
1/3 above average, 1/3 around average, 1/3 below average. That's how averages work.
Thanks for voting, Sera! You've voted on 1545 items.
I voted up 47 games, faved a few... Everything else is either not interesting to me or utter crap. That means about only 0,03% good games in the whole Greenlight database.
I've voted for nearly 1600 titles and upvoted 189 of them. In general I think I'm less picky than other folks, and I definitely would buy every game I voted up. Probably not all at once, but over time I would.
Well, if we ignore the greenlit games then yeah, I think I voted for about 50 or 60 entries out of a total of like 1600+. I am more picky since I try to get the best games that I know I would enjoy. I know that some people have over hundreds of games they voted for.
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από wilco64256:
I've voted for nearly 1600 titles and upvoted 189 of them. In general I think I'm less picky than other folks, and I definitely would buy every game I voted up. Probably not all at once, but over time I would.

As valv own selection quote is somewhere between 8-10% I would not say it is but it is completely individual.
I'm current (at 1561 as of today, excluding withdrawn and invalid entries), but it's not something you do as a task. That way lieth madness. It's more a stream, something that you dip into and out of as you feel like it. If you try and 'beat' Greenlight you will only get frustrated, worse, you will probably miss those gems as you claw frantically through the dross.

I feel pretty tired actually. I've been here since the beginning (well actually day 2, I missed the Aug 30 2012 opening) and it can be a bit of grind at times.

There's still some incredible games being developed, and some awesome developers here, but for every great game, there's 9-10 other ones which are substandard or so nascent it's impossible to tell what the final version will be like, if it ever gets there.

There's an incomprehensible number of games for which you can go out and get the exact-same gameplay and experience for free from any number of flash game sites, or for almost nothing via app/play stores. These authors are competing against free or almost free well-established games. That's not a smart business model, and is doomed to failure. Sometimes the weight of failure and the fore-knowledge that so many people (hundreds upon hundreds) will have their dreams and hopes dashed upon the merciless rocks of indifferent consumerism depresses me.

There's also a shocking amount of, well, crud that you cannot believe someone has spent years of their life and/or all their money on. Stuff that is just embarrassing, unplayable, undeveloped, horrible messes of games that are just... abortions that should have never been given life. Giving one the benefit of the doubt, I played a test - it crashed to the desktop frequently. I wouldn't accept most of them for free, let alone paying even a dollar for them.

It's sad. :(

Still, I keep at it, if only to experience vicariously part of that energy and drive that devs have for their project (I'm a programmer but sold myself to the Man) so I respect their dedication. It's worth it when you find that one gem, that awesome idea that makes you sit back and whisper, "Wow! I've never seen anything like this, this is awesome!"

In some ways, Greenlight is the game...

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Psycho; 27 Αυγ 2013, 14:51
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Sera:
Thanks for voting, Sera! You've voted on 1545 items.
I voted up 47 games, faved a few... Everything else is either not interesting to me or utter crap. That means about only 3% good games in the whole Greenlight database.
>.>

Your percentage was a little off.

I've voted for 50 out of 1529 (also roughly 3%, as I didn't come across Greenlight until January or thereabout.). Then again, I've also bought a few titles that I hadn't voted for, because between when I saw their page and when they released, they did a lot more work and managed to pique my interest in the end.

If you take out the titles that have already been greenlit though, of the 1,429 currently waiting I've only voted on about 28.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από A Gelatinous Cube-Z-; 27 Αυγ 2013, 15:52
Yeah, quickly typed that on my calc and got 0,03 but my mind forgot to adjust the % to 3/100. Still waiting for the games I've voted for. :fsad:
As of this post, I've voted on 1,117 games and upvoted 438 of them. I seem to be a bit more generous then everyone else; probably not a good thing. But oh well.
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από graywolfe42:
As of this post, I've voted on 1,117 games and upvoted 438 of them. I seem to be a bit more generous then everyone else; probably not a good thing. But oh well.
So you only have 176 of the games currently available on Steam and yet you are saying you would buy 438 of the ones on Greenlight? Seems fishy to me ;)
There's a handfull of gems and a dumptruck full of crap. Then again, I'm rather tired of most of the game genres that indie devs tend to be pushing. ( Like zombies, sidescrolling puzzle platformer/shooters, roguelites, etc. )

The gems that I do spot make it all worth it, though.
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-12 από 12 σχόλια
Ανά σελίδα: 1530 50

Ημ/νία ανάρτησης: 27 Αυγ 2013, 8:57
Αναρτήσεις: 12