The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
hbk_kirkwd Aug 27, 2013 @ 1:34am
dark brotherhood CRASHING [SPOILERS]
during the quest line for the dark brotherhood, specifically the quest to kill Cicero, when i enter the room where he is lying injured on the ground the game will crash. every time. i do have a number of mods installed somewhere around 40. and ive tried all the usual stuff like leaving the area and using the console to advance the quest stage.

anyone got any answers for this
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
jjb-54 1 Aug 27, 2013 @ 8:40am 
I did a quick Google Search and it seemed it was (is) an issue with the older versions of Skyrim. What version are you running? (It is apparently fixed with the newer patches.) This again I repeat ... version number seems to be a 'key' if you will.

Did you allow Skyrim/Steam to do all the updates that it needs and did you verify Version Numbers?

I played through with no issues at all on this Quest - Cicero - even got easily to the next phase of the Quest.

One answer I found:

This happend to me after several of the Dark Brotherhood Quests. At first it helped if I placed myself into Riften (coc RiftenOrigin), then directly into the sanctuary (coc DarkBrotherhood).

One thread I found suggested mods that change the characters physical characteristics can have a cause/effect and another suggested Load Order of Mods could be a cause/effect.
hbk_kirkwd Aug 28, 2013 @ 5:51pm 
im not sure about the version i have. but i do know that it is the most up to date one that there is. i have my steam set up to automaticly update games
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 27, 2013 @ 1:34am