Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
This topic has been locked
I_love_puppies Aug 23, 2013 @ 6:38am
Is it possible to block Greenlight?
I want to block Greenlight from the search, so when I am in the mood to buy a game I will not get all the GL dross/spam included.

I don't see a way to do this, wondering if possible somehow?

Thanks
< >
Showing 1-15 of 80 comments
Tamerlaaane Aug 23, 2013 @ 7:04am 
Not it's not possible, and you should not judge a game on whether it is Greenlit or not.
Last edited by Tamerlaaane; Aug 23, 2013 @ 7:04am
I_love_puppies Aug 23, 2013 @ 7:17am 
Oh I didn't mean games, I mean all this GL spam/malware that comes up when you are browsing for purchasing.
ND Aug 23, 2013 @ 7:41am 
You are talking nonsense. There is no spam or malware released on the store. If you don't like Greenlight, what are you doing in this forum?
wilco64256 Aug 23, 2013 @ 10:32am 
If you don't want to find Greenlight stuff, then don't search in the Greenlight section of the site. It's neither spam nor malware. If you just don't "like" it then why would you knowingly come into this part of the site to search and post.
Gorlom[Swe] Aug 23, 2013 @ 10:46am 
Originally posted by chris1980:
Oh I didn't mean games, I mean all this GL spam/malware that comes up when you are browsing for purchasing.
I think you have to provide screenshots or something. I don't think anyone has any clue what you are talking about without visual aides.
Pantheon Aug 23, 2013 @ 10:49am 
That's the OP's second stupid thread about Greenlight. I guess his last one was removed?
Last edited by Pantheon; Aug 23, 2013 @ 10:49am
I_love_puppies Aug 23, 2013 @ 10:58am 
Ok so say I want an adventure game. I go to STORE link. In the list below are various games, included in which are some Greenlight spam (vapourware/malware/etc). In this list I want to filter out anything Greenlight. How do I do this? It must be possible somehow.
Pantheon Aug 23, 2013 @ 11:02am 
You don't seem to know what vapour-/malware actually means.
wilco64256 Aug 23, 2013 @ 11:04am 
I'd still like to SEE what you're actually talking about. If you're going to the store link and picking a specific genre to view, as far as I can tell you'll only see things that are actually for sale in the store. Not anything that's still waiting in Greenlight.
I_love_puppies Aug 23, 2013 @ 11:12am 
I don't want anything "Pre-alpha" or anything with Greenlight/Greenlit scam/vapourware/malware to appear in my browsing. I.e. I want Steam the way it was before Greenlight. How can I do this?
Gorlom[Swe] Aug 23, 2013 @ 11:12am 
Ok so say I want an adventure game. I go to STORE link. In the list below are various games, included in which are some Greenlight spam (vapourware/malware/etc). In this list I want to filter out anything Greenlight. How do I do this? It must be possible somehow.
I don't think there is but when you click it and there is an Early Access lable on it just don't buy it if you have got a problem with it.

Every other game (that are not in Early Access) in the store is considered finished (whether it has a greenlight lable or not) and can not be classified as either vapour or malware, regardless of what contrived definition you have of these terms, without you being viable to recieve compensation from Valve.
If you have problems with a finished game in the store I suggest you contact steam support, inform them of your complaint and possibly ask for a refund.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Aug 23, 2013 @ 11:13am
Gorlom[Swe] Aug 23, 2013 @ 11:16am 
I don't want anything "Pre-alpha" or anything with Greenlight/Greenlit scam/vapourware/malware to appear in my browsing. I.e. I want Steam the way it was before Greenlight. How can I do this?
You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Simple answer is you can't, but that isn't actually a problem since it is clearly marked which games are released and which are in early access.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Aug 23, 2013 @ 11:17am
I_love_puppies Aug 23, 2013 @ 11:28am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:

Simple answer is you can't, but that isn't actually a problem since it is clearly marked which games are released and which are in early access.

No the "released" ones I want to avoid as well. There is no security/quality assurance provided by Steam, which is letting down customers. If they consider "Alphas" to be worth any sort of value then that is setting the bar so low I cannot be assured of a "Release" from Greenlight either.
Gorlom[Swe] Aug 23, 2013 @ 11:35am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:

No the "released" ones I want to avoid as well. There is no security/quality assurance provided by Steam, which is letting down customers. If they consider "Alphas" to be worth any sort of value then that is setting the bar so low I cannot be assured of a "Release" from Greenlight either.
I'm under the impression they did not have any real quality assurence prior to greenlight either (WarZ incident).
Nothing has really changed, except how you percieve things.

I think your only options are to either accept and deal with it (even avoiding the items you have an imaginary problem with is not so much trouble as you make it out to be) or stop using Steam and start using some other service.
wilco64256 Aug 23, 2013 @ 11:36am 
Then don't click on them. Honestly, finished and released Greenlight games are no different from any other games in the store.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 80 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Aug 23, 2013 @ 6:38am