Steam Greenlight
Glitch 21/ago./2013 às 23:31
Customize Queue Further
Not that I have anything against a specific genre, I just feel I shouldn’t be voting on one that I have little interest or experience with. I think there is a simple solution to this.

Say for example, a player who primarily enjoys 3D action adventure games sets up their queue by selecting Action and Adventure. The queue selects all titles with those genres but also includes other genres that the player does not particularly enjoy or knows little about, hindering their ability to make a valid or fair decision.

When “Customizing Your Queue” click once to select a genre and double click to disable a genre. Here’s a quick visual example if you'd like. http://i.imgur.com/Vtt6aEv.png
Última edição por Glitch; 21/ago./2013 às 23:33
< >
Exibindo comentários 15 de 5
Gorlom[Swe] 22/ago./2013 às 3:16 
Escrito originalmente por Glitch:
Not that I have anything against a specific genre, I just feel I shouldn’t be voting on one that I have little interest or experience with. I think there is a simple solution to this.

Say for example, a player who primarily enjoys 3D action adventure games sets up their queue by selecting Action and Adventure. The queue selects all titles with those genres but also includes other genres that the player does not particularly enjoy or knows little about, hindering their ability to make a valid or fair decision.
You needen't worry about that. if the game doesn't interest you because of genre or whatever just press the "not interested button" and move on.

Pressing the no button has no adverse effects or impact on the games chances to get greenlit. There is infact no difference from not voting on it except that it won't be showing up in your que again.
Skoardy 22/ago./2013 às 6:45 
Surely it's not that it's including other genres but the fact that developers have tagged those other genres for games that they've also tagged for 'Action' and 'Adventure'?

I mean, if a developer creates a 3D action adventure game but considers that certain puzzle aspects qualify it for that genre, would you rather the game excluded completely?
Shadow Hog 23/ago./2013 às 9:36 
Well, I know for a fact that I am not much of a fan of the Horror genre, but AM a fan of Action, Adventure, RPG or Puzzle games, so I check those and leave Horror unchecked... but then Horror is such a broad genre (of sorts) that it creeps into the other categories anyway, and next thing I know, my queue is filled with Horror games. I never feel very comfortable saying "no" to a game that is in a genre I don't like but might be quality, so they tend to clog it up.

Maybe I should just start saying "no" to all of them.
Gorlom[Swe] 23/ago./2013 às 11:01 
Escrito originalmente por Shadow Hog:
Well, I know for a fact that I am not much of a fan of the Horror genre, but AM a fan of Action, Adventure, RPG or Puzzle games, so I check those and leave Horror unchecked... but then Horror is such a broad genre (of sorts) that it creeps into the other categories anyway, and next thing I know, my queue is filled with Horror games. I never feel very comfortable saying "no" to a game that is in a genre I don't like but might be quality, so they tend to clog it up.

The only thing that happens is that they are no longer in your que. You are not removeing someone elses "yes vote" by clicking "not interested". It has absolutely no adverse effect on the game if you click "no".
So yes, yes you should. Any game that does not interest you should recive the "not interested" vote.

It doesn't matter if you think other people might enjoy the game if the game does not personally interest you you should be saying "no" or you will be sending false data to Valve and impeeding other projects chances to get greenlit (because of the comparative system).
I'm elaborating on this because you seem to want to be a nice guy and because you have misunderstood what really happens when you vote might want to help some other project jsut to be nice... IMO voting "yes" on something you are not interested in is about the douchiest thing you can do on greenlight.
Última edição por Gorlom[Swe]; 23/ago./2013 às 11:02
C0untzer0 23/ago./2013 às 11:20 
Escrito originalmente por Shadow Hog:
yes. the question is "Would you buy this game."
< >
Exibindo comentários 15 de 5
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado em: 21/ago./2013 às 23:31