Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
thedudenfresh Aug 20, 2013 @ 5:03pm
Can greenlit games give pre-purchase rewards?
Quick quesiton for pre-purchases. I'm not a developer (yet) but I was wondering, say if I developed a game that was greenlit, could I make pre-purchase rewards like other games are doing on Steam such as The Buerau: XCOM Declassified?

Please let me know, thanks.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Sera Aug 20, 2013 @ 6:09pm 
I am sure you can since the pre-purchases things are decided mostly by the developers/makers/publishers not sure what. You probably can manage something with Valve to make it appear under your game once it's greenlit/released or soon-to-be released. I don't think it would be difficult to do.
Gorlom[Swe] Aug 20, 2013 @ 6:50pm 
Depends on if you can get Valve interested in the idea I suppose.

What kind of prepurchase rewards are you thinking of offering? You imply you have no other games to offer, TF2 hats probably aren't free or worth it for indie devs and developing content that you don't release except to prepurchase customers seems... like a bad idea. A waste of your time, needless cost and something that big companies can get away with but comes off as something else when indies does it.
thedudenfresh Aug 20, 2013 @ 7:17pm 
Say if I made another game that was greenlit, I could make a pre-purchase reward that will give you my previous game for free (or if you already own it, you can give to a friend as a gift). I don't think Valve would let indie developers do TF2 content as pre-purchases anyways, that's more for their Steam Workshop.
C0untzer0 Aug 21, 2013 @ 12:48am 
Originally posted by thedudenfresh:
Say if I made another game that was greenlit, I could make a pre-purchase reward that will give you my previous game for free (or if you already own it, you can give to a friend as a gift). I don't think Valve would let indie developers do TF2 content as pre-purchases anyways, that's more for their Steam Workshop.
That should be fine, about equivalent to people giving out Steam keys to people who bougt their games on other services. (It's your stuff you're giving away, after all.) Whether it'd draw a lot of traffic I can't say, but it's not a bad idea.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 20, 2013 @ 5:03pm