Portal 2
Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Meer informatie
Dirty Info Signs for custom maps and elevator movies
Hey guys, I tried a couple of options for my map to get the info sign to get the dirty look, I found that adding my map into sp_lightboard_icons.txt works well for testing, but once I publish my map it's gone. Any chance to get the dirty look while still having the other automatic info displayed on the info sign?
Also I have problems with the elevator movies, I added the transition instance, changed the media/ movies and a random video appears on my map when I upload it. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!
Laatst bewerkt door Tagarnak; 18 aug 2013 om 20:13
< >
1-11 van 11 reacties weergegeven
Valve changed the script for the elevators, you want to use Brainstone's instances[forums.thinkingwithportals.com].
For the info signs, it's better to use a custom texture[forums.thinkingwithportals.com]. You'll also want this sign generator[forums.thinkingwithportals.com].
Laatst bewerkt door TeamSpen210; 18 aug 2013 om 20:25
Thanks for the info, movies work like a charm!
About the signs, I tried custom vtf but it will be nice to have the same info_sign that automatically gets the info on it, but just with different styles like dirt or clean.
Any change to add the sp_lightboard_icons.txt into the .bsp using BSPZIP? I think there's a way to do this, but can't find how.
Laatst bewerkt door Tagarnak; 19 aug 2013 om 0:27
It can't be packed into the map. That sign generator has options to add dirt to the sign, it's easy to choose the icons.
Can I use that .sign file I saved or do I have to create a .vtf from the .png file and add it to my map? In that case, how do I merge the .vtf to the .bsp?
I think the program can create vtfs directly instead of pngs. You want a vtf as well as the vmt, which describes information about the material. There's an example in the program. You put the two files in the portal2/materials/, portal2_dlc1/materials/ or portal2_dlc2/materials/ folders. Then it should be in the list of materials in hammer. What I do next is use Packrat to package them into the bsp.
Did the videos work for you when you published the map or when you tested it? Also, the sign is a brush when using textures, so how do you texture the side of it if it's out of the wall?
It work when I tested it, haven't published it yet. I'll try it later.
For the sign, I didn't understand what you're asking, lol, sorry about that, can you be more specific?
Origineel geplaatst door Leo:
It work when I tested it, haven't published it yet. I'll try it later.
For the sign, I didn't understand what you're asking, lol, sorry about that, can you be more specific?
If you're making an overgrown map, usually the sign is hanging out of the wall. What texture did you use to texture the sides of the "board" brush?
I used the rusty metal trim, the one that matches the square frames or are used on the edges of sticking out tiles, I can't remember the name and I'm not in Hammer right now.
Squarebeams.
Yeah, found it, squarebeams_rusty_01 or plasticwall004a_dirty both work for that.
< >
1-11 van 11 reacties weergegeven
Per pagina: 1530 50

Geplaatst op: 18 aug 2013 om 19:54
Aantal berichten: 11