Steam Greenlight
Ten wątek został zamknięty
HBEggspert 2 sierpnia 2013 o 20:34
Alot of crappy IOS games.
Name says it all, sure is alot of ♥♥♥♥♥♥ IOS games on greenlight recently, or games that havnt even been developed yet.....or games that are obviously scams.
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-15 z 24 komentarzy
wilco64256 2 sierpnia 2013 o 20:41 
Vote them dwn if you don't like them, report them if you think they're scams. This is exactly how Greenlight is intended to work.
irrevenant 3 sierpnia 2013 o 1:05 
What Wilco said: Then vote them down.

I'm intrigued though as to which games are "obvious scams"? How would such a scam work?
HBEggspert 3 sierpnia 2013 o 7:56 
Początkowo opublikowane przez irrevenant:
What Wilco said: Then vote them down.

I'm intrigued though as to which games are "obvious scams"? How would such a scam work?
Scam may of been a "bad" term, let me rephrase, poorly constructed quik money grabs that will go on early access, promise promise promise and then never deliver. What would make it scam to me is that they know this from developement.
War Z comes to mind, now known as http://store.steampowered.com/app/226700 He is still scamming cash.

I also do downvote them (the IOS ones), but i dont want steam to turn into some ♥♥♥♥♥♥ IOS delivery system. Seen alot of flash games lately for 9.99 or 8.99.

I already got mixed feelings in regards to early access. There seems to be a few titles that they know they dont plan on developing further and threw it on early access to grab a few more dollars before stopping developement.
Ostatnio edytowany przez: HBEggspert; 3 sierpnia 2013 o 8:02
Skoardy 3 sierpnia 2013 o 8:12 
Is the thread going anywhere or did you just need everyone to know there are games you don't like?
HBEggspert 3 sierpnia 2013 o 8:25 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Skoardy:
Is the thread going anywhere or did you just need everyone to know there are games you don't like?
Well aside from getting the sarcasm i was obviously looking for (good job), I was wondering if there was a reason, if greenlight was a failed experiment, or if these new crappy short attention span 15 minute games are the future?
Gorlom[Swe] 3 sierpnia 2013 o 8:36 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Regen:
Początkowo opublikowane przez Skoardy:
Well aside from getting the sarcasm i was obviously looking for (good job), I was wondering if there was a reason, if greenlight was a failed experiment, or if these new crappy short attention span 15 minute games are the future?

Greenlight is neither of those options. Greenlight is the first instance of sorting. The very first gatekeeper. There is noone turning any kind of game (submitted by the legal owner that does not violate any copyright or policy) away from Greenlight.

That those games shows up where you can "vote" for them does not mean anything. You are drawing inaccurate conclusions prematurely.

Greenlight is doing what it is supposed to do and will in all likelyhood keep those kinds of games out of Steam. (unless they are popular for some reason)
Początkowo opublikowane przez Mindwedge:

They're the present on your phone, and to some degree in those termed "indie". On PC not nearly as much though. I've seen at least one rave review of a 15-minute game in PCG recently.
I'm not quite sure what you are saying here... Probably my fault. Is "rave review" a good thing? if so for who?
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Gorlom[Swe]; 3 sierpnia 2013 o 8:39
HBEggspert 3 sierpnia 2013 o 8:38 
Początkowo opublikowane przez GorlomSwe:

Greenlight is neither of those options. Greenlight is the first instance of sorting. The very first gatekeeper. There is noone turning any kind of game (submitted by the legal owner that does not violate any copyright or policy) away from Greenlight.

That those games shows up where you can "vote" for them does not mean anything. You are drawing inaccurate conclusions prematurely.

Greenlight is doing what it is supposed to do and will in all likelyhood keep those games out of Steam.
So basically the only thing being produced by "indie" is crappy platformers and flash games? (obviously i saw some that dont fit this, but 90% of them seem to fit into one or the other)
Ostatnio edytowany przez: HBEggspert; 3 sierpnia 2013 o 8:39
HBEggspert 3 sierpnia 2013 o 8:40 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Mindwedge:
or if these new (redacted opinion) short attention span 15 minute games are the future?

They're the present on your phone, and to some degree in those termed "indie". On PC not nearly as much though. I've seen at least one rave review of a 15-minute game in PCG recently.
I'm not one to bother with "game critics" my taste in games seem far from theirs.
Gorlom[Swe] 3 sierpnia 2013 o 8:42 
So basically the only thing being produced by "indie" is crappy platformers and flash games? (obviously i saw some that dont fit this, but 90% of them seem to fit into one or the other)
What the ? How did you get that from what I said? That seems to not even be remotely connected to the point I was trying to make.

Are you looking at half empty glasses wishing they were completley empty?

(btw: how do you define "Indie"?)
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Gorlom[Swe]; 3 sierpnia 2013 o 8:44
HBEggspert 3 sierpnia 2013 o 9:58 
What the ? How did you get that from what I said? That seems to not even be remotely connected to the point I was trying to make.

Are you looking at half empty glasses wishing they were completley empty?

(btw: how do you define "Indie"?)
Indie doesnt mean indie anymore, it means either a large company pretending to be small, or some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ making a flash game.
In my mind indie would be something like, mount and blade. Fez, bread, and every other crappy 2d platformer are nothing more than flash games. People use to make this ♥♥♥♥ for free, now they want us to pay 10$ for it.

As for how i took what you said, greenlight is a gateway preventing trash from coming to steam, that being said, 90% of the ♥♥♥♥ at the door is flash or "indie" 2d platformers, so for me that seems to be the only ♥♥♥♥ being produced. If that makes sense.
wilco64256 3 sierpnia 2013 o 10:26 
If you think it's full of trash now you should've been here during the first three days of the service's launch.
HBEggspert 3 sierpnia 2013 o 10:28 
Początkowo opublikowane przez wilco64256:
If you think it's full of trash now you should've been here during the first three days of the service's launch.
I was, when there was no price tag to post games? yea jesus christ.
Gorlom[Swe] 3 sierpnia 2013 o 10:42 

Fez, bread, and every other crappy 2d platformer are nothing more than flash games. People use to make this ♥♥♥♥ for free, now they want us to pay 10$ for it.
Just don't click "yes" indicating that you would buy such games then... Problem solved.

As for how i took what you said, greenlight is a gateway preventing trash from coming to steam, that being said, 90% of the ♥♥♥♥ at the door is flash or "indie" 2d platformers, so for me that seems to be the only ♥♥♥♥ being produced. If that makes sense.
You didn't really answer what you thought indie meant... or perhaps i need to ask you what it originally meant to get a proper definition, and not just what you feel it "has been reduced to".
I would have assumed indie meant independant. with out a big publisher backing them (im on the fence about kickstarter backing invalidating indie status or not) Where can I find a standard commmonly agreed upon definition of "indie".

about what is on greenlight you are grossly over-generalizing. Just like the people in the zombies themed complaint threads complainign that there are only Zombie games on greenlight. And like how I think everything on greenlight are 3D Shooters and minecraft clones... (where the hell are they hiding the good stuff? the 2D games that actually look pretty instead of the ♥♥♥♥ that tries to be realistic, but doesn't quite manage and just looks aweful because of it)
The difference is that I know I'm generalizing to the point I'm not anywhere near reality with that statement, despite that is what it feels like to me.

Try taking another look and stop focusing on the crap and pay attention to the items you like instead. The intention with Greenlight is to find the gems and promote them... you know the other 10% you didn't mention. It's them you should be focusing on.

But you knwo what? If there really is a problem and devs pay attention they can see which genres are overpopulated, which genres are disliked and what just plainly doesn't survive in greenlight to reach the Steam store... The current level of transparency in greenlight (where devs can see all the failing projects and learn from them) could very well lead to a change and reformation in what new devs try to develop and what genres they are focusing on.
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Gorlom[Swe]; 3 sierpnia 2013 o 10:46
HBEggspert 3 sierpnia 2013 o 10:46 
I would have assumed indie meant independant. with out a big publisher backing them (im on the fence about kickstarter backing invalidating indie status or not)

about what is on greenlight you are grossly over-generalizing. Just like the people in the zombies themed complaint threads complainign that there are only Zombie games on greenlight. And like how I think everything on greenlight are 3D Shooters and minecraft clones... (where the hell are they hiding the good stuff? the 2D games that actually look pretty instead of the ♥♥♥♥ that tries to be realistic, but doesn't quite manage and just looks aweful because of it)
The difference is that I know I'm generalizing to the point I'm not anywhere near reality with that statement, despite that is what it feels like to me.

Try taking another look and stop focusing on the crap and pay attention to the items you like instead. The intention with Greenlight is to find the gems and promote them... you know the other 10% you didn't mention. It's them you should be focusing on.

But you knwo what? If there really is a problem and devs pay attention they can see which genres are overpopulated, which genres are disliked and what just plainly doesn't survive in greenlight to reach the Steam store... The current level of transparency in greenlight (where devs can see all the failing projects and learn from them) could very well lead to a change and reformation in what new devs try to develop and what genres they are focusing on.
Just venting a bit. I understand what your saying and honestly happen to agree. My genres i like are long gone. That being said i been through all what, i think its nearing 1500 games now, and i only actually voted for maybe 15? (guessing). If many people have this same experience we can safely say greenlight is full of crappy games....just gotta find out if other people had the same experience.
Skoardy 3 sierpnia 2013 o 11:04 
Seems like you're generalising to make a wobbly point but since your generalisation is false (clearly not everything is platformers and flash games) and your point is irrelevant (yeah, there might be bad games on Greenlight. And? Vote them down then), I'm still not sure where you're going with all this.
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-15 z 24 komentarzy
Na stronę: 1530 50

Data napisania: 2 sierpnia 2013 o 20:34