The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
SimpleFuse Jul 29, 2013 @ 2:07pm
It wont launch, need help D:
This is starting today. I had about ten random mods I found scattered around on the workshop.
I got error gode 80. "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim failed to launch (error code 80). I've had those mods, my steam uptated today so I would guess it's that. So I went into steam workshop then I unsubscribed to all of my skyrim workshop files.. Nothing happened. So then I validated my steam files for skyrim in steam. I validated three times if you want to know exact details. The update was today, 7/29/2013. Right now it is 5:06 but It happened about 30 minutes ago. I really don't want to reinstall the game but I guess if thats what I have to do, then I will. Help!
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
jjb-54 Jul 29, 2013 @ 4:56pm 
Welcome to STEAM - the best idea I can offer is use the SYSTEM RESTORE to prior the update and do NOT allow Steam to Update - You can CANCEL it. (Been there done that, I have had Steam Updates trash 6 of my games since July 2012 .... And Steam's common answer is: It is not our fault - You have a crappy computer and so on.

But I did take this to Bethesda and they confirmed my 'trashed' saved games worked FINE on their NON-Steam related machine and yes they did NOT work on the update. So pretty much told me Steam IS to blame - but do not hold your breath expecting help or solutions - it simply is not their problem and they could care less.
SimpleFuse Jul 29, 2013 @ 5:01pm 
Thanks for the help
jjb-54 Jul 30, 2013 @ 7:14am 
Sorry I could not offer better - I really wish I could. Did the System Restore work? I found it works about 4 games out of the 6 that were trashed.
SimpleFuse Jul 30, 2013 @ 1:33pm 
Actually, I didnt try that. There was another steam update so it fixed itself :). But if I ever have this problem again i will try system restore, Or just simply wait out a day.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 29, 2013 @ 2:07pm