The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
shadohart Jul 22, 2013 @ 11:20am
Looking for skilled modder for HARD project
I have an item, based on a fan-fiction type story for Skyrim, that I want to see in the game. It's an ancient warhammer, unique meshes and textures, with a design that would befit the son of Talos (the god, not the man). That's the easy part. What I really need help with is the enchantment I would like to impliment: A sort of "absorb magic while blocking" that charges the hammer, making it hit harder, but also become heavier. I want it so that the hammer can become heavier then your inventory can handle, making you over encumbered, but while it is like this, it can hit much harder (but slower) due to the added weight. I also want to add a bash-release system. That is, when you bash with the hammer, the stored magic energy is released, in a powerful pulse of light that damages foes, and the damage of the pulse depends on the amount of energy stored. I think this is possible; I have seen similar things already implimented in the game (w/Dawnguard DLC). can this be done?
BTW no extra requests except the hammer needs to be two handed, elegent in it's simplicity (as in asthetic design needs to be simple, yet still look.. not nessicarily good, but designed for war. I suggest using the Champion's Cudgel (DragonbornDLC) as a base) and it must have the Imperial Dragon on it. That is all.
although I wouldn't mind a good Hidden Blade thrown in.

/\
/\/\
/ \
< \ / >
/ \__|__/ \
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Mr JIGGY 15 Jul 23, 2013 @ 5:13am 
2 things to say modders make what they want not what you want. and if you dont have the skill to do so no point posting it, ,ost will just go GOOD LUCK WITH THAT and move on :(

shadohart Jul 23, 2013 @ 6:57am 
well, I have the tools, I just don't know how to make a custom texture for an item, so...
Cyrax 4 Jul 23, 2013 @ 7:14am 
Originally posted by shadohart:
well, I have the tools, I just don't know how to make a custom texture for an item, so...

Here is an idea:
Look for tutorials.
Because 7 8 9 1 Jul 23, 2013 @ 1:46pm 
I really love your idea Shadohart. I would freaking love to have a warhammer that did that. I only have enough modding experience to take a base item and add enchantments to it. That part is actually easy enough. I also feel I can successfully make it absorb magic when it's used for blocking (that would be a possible combination of enchants from perks already in the game). I don't know exactly how it's weight would increase proportional to the magic energy absorbed, and I don't think I can have it "store" the energy and release it.
shadohart Jul 25, 2013 @ 8:13am 
If you can get an earlier copy of Skyrim/Dawnguard, there is a base enchantment that might work well: the enchantment on the now removed Auriel's Shield. It would absorb physical damage until it glows, then release the damage on power bash. I don't know how one would go about accessing an earlier version of the game that still functions, but it is possible.
Flounce 9 Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:11am 
Originally posted by shadohart:
... the enchantment on the now removed Auriel's Shield...
What?
Last edited by Flounce; Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:12am
Tuzdokein 2 Jul 25, 2013 @ 7:32pm 
If someone had done the work too make all this for you, they would have published it for themself instead of giving it to you for you to publish.
shadohart Jul 28, 2013 @ 11:55am 
And I would be fine with that. And i had heard that Auriel's Shield had been removed when I asked about it on another mod (the mod speciffically "added" auriel's shield, and when I told them that it was already in Dawnguard, they said it had been removed.) Anyway I don't care if someone posts it for themself. I just want to use the darn thing.
shadohart Jul 28, 2013 @ 12:01pm 
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
and I made the askey work. Partially.

-------/\
------/\/\
-----/----\
---<-\----/->
-/--\__|__/--\
Last edited by shadohart; Jul 28, 2013 @ 12:04pm
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2013 @ 11:20am