Strike Suit Zero
New ships, weapons, missions, and more
Discover new ships, weapons and missions for Strike Suit Zero, created by others in the community. Or use the XedMod editor to create and share your own, or to create entirely new games. Click here to learn more and to get started.
Comrade Woody Jul 20, 2013 @ 4:08am
Mods not working
Hi, I recently bought this game and decided to try out the mods for it. I subscribed to and installed all four from the workshop, but after selecting them in the launcher and clicking play the game runs as normal and my only options for starting a game are the original campaign or the Heroes of the Fleet DLC. Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems that the mods are not working. If anyone can offer a suggestion as to what's wrong it'd be appreciated. Thanks.
Last edited by Comrade Woody; Jul 20, 2013 @ 2:21pm
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
tahrox Jul 20, 2013 @ 4:27am 
You have to select the mod before launching.
Comrade Woody Jul 20, 2013 @ 5:42am 
Originally posted by (CBG) tahrox:
You have to select the mod before launching.

I am.

"after selecting them in the launcher and clicking play"
Xrucial Jul 20, 2013 @ 1:59pm 
select mod before launching.
Comrade Woody Jul 20, 2013 @ 2:04pm 
I am selecting the mods in the launcher before running the game. The game is launching as normal as if the mods were not selected.
[SC*SC] Viper Jul 20, 2013 @ 6:14pm 
i have the same problem what fixed your problem?
Comrade Woody Jul 21, 2013 @ 3:37am 
It's not fixed, if I find a solution I'll post it.
Bluestone 4 Jul 22, 2013 @ 9:04am 
OK, not sure what this problem could be, so i'll just start with some basic debugging :)

If there is an 'output.txt' file in the SSZ binary directory ([Steam Install Directory]\SteamApps\common\strikesuitzero\pc\main\Binary), delete it and try running a mod through the launcher again.

After the game has launched, open the new output.txt file that has been created (in the same location as before)... Is there anything mentioned at the beginning of the file after 'Runtime option' is printed?

What directory is SSZ installed to on your system?
Comrade Woody Jul 22, 2013 @ 9:17am 
Hi, thanks for your response.

There was an output file, I removed it and tried to launch a mod again. A new output file was created and reads as follows:

Runtime option 'LoadMod'='"146527746_S-Zero"'

(I assume that's the line you were interested in, to make sure I was actually loading the Mod... if you want the full file let me know)

The location is:

E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\strikesuitzero
Last edited by Comrade Woody; Jul 22, 2013 @ 9:20am
Bluestone 4 Jul 25, 2013 @ 10:07am 
Just as a sanity check, when you launch the game with a mod selected, have you actually tried clicking on 'START GAME' on the main menu?? Until you see the campaign list, (with the mod levels instead of the SSZ missions) the game does appear to be just running SSZ as the mods we released do not modify the front end level or the UI..
Comrade Woody Jul 25, 2013 @ 11:08am 
Yes I have.

"my only options for starting a game are the original campaign or the Heroes of the Fleet DLC"

I didn't know whether the game should launch straight into the selected mod, list the mod as an option below the campaign and DLC, or show its own front end, which is why I initially wondered if I was just missing something obvious, but with any mod selected the game runs as normal and the only options are the original campaign and the DLC.
Comrade Woody Jul 25, 2013 @ 11:13am 
Something I've just noticed is that when a mod is selected all of the campaign missions are available, whereas when the game is launched without a mod some are locked as I have not yet completed the game.
Comrade Woody Jul 25, 2013 @ 1:01pm 
I installed the game on my girlfriend's PC and the mods work fine, whatever the problem is seems to be specific to my PC.
Fluffy Pillow Jul 26, 2013 @ 11:41am 
My PC has this issue as well. I also got a weird error when I finished helping out the frieghter in the first mission that stopped the game, then when I click okay, it moves on for a split second before having the same error...Looks like the game needs some fixing <.<;
cyberfuzzie Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:40pm 
I also have this problem. Tried deleting my save, but this also did not help. Maybe it has something to do with non-default installation locations? Has anybody running mods with SSZ not installed under C:\Program Files\Steam\... ?
Comrade Woody Jul 26, 2013 @ 2:28pm 
It's not the installation or library location.

On my girlfriend's PC there's just a single HDD and so Steam is set up with default directories. My PC has a small SSD for the OS and applications, which Steam was originally installed on, then a large HDD for storage. I soon ran out of space on the SSD and so all of my games were installed in a separate library on the HDD.

There's no logical reason why the location should affect mods (so long as they themselves are in the correct location in the game directory they should work) but I did try reinstalling Steam (I installed it to my HDD) just to see if it made any difference, and it didn't.

I also tried reinstalling the game on the SSD prior to that and it made no difference.

For some reason the game is not loading mods correctly, despite them being correctly installed and launched.

When a mod is selected it's clear that something is happening (the game is not simply running as normal without the mod) because the game launches with everything unlocked.

Hopefully Bluestone can offer some insight into possible causes...

If you'd like any system info let me know.
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50