The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
Guzelius Jul 19, 2013 @ 12:23pm
I want to start the game in Dragonborn, as the boat arrives in solstheim.
Can anybody make it so that as I start a new game, I will be straight on the boat to solstheim?
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Seerk 3 Jul 19, 2013 @ 1:00pm 
This could be possible, but you'd be skipping a part of the main quest by doing so...
Last edited by Seerk; Jul 19, 2013 @ 1:41pm
RayeGunn Jul 19, 2013 @ 2:55pm 
Maybe ask the makers of "Live Another Life" to add a Dragonborn option. (if there isn't one laready, I haven't used that mod myself, personally, so I don't know)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=75889890
Guzelius Jul 21, 2013 @ 9:07am 
This mod breaks the game every time i try to use it
Toft Mar 12 @ 5:59am 
{Bing swoosh - resurrected thread} {trying to keep this spoiler-free, but you should understand whatof i mention if necc.}
> Maybe ask the makers of "Live Another Life" to add a Dragonborn option
They have. I am trying it, and am having a leeeeeetle bit of difficulty (Dragonborn not usually being "available" until after the 7ksteps etc.) I have Played This Game Before (and killed M.).

The levelling they use means that the ashy-thingies (e.a.) are, shall we say, lethal (being about 10 levels above my character). I don't want to wimp out and go to the mainland to grind up levels, but what quests in Solstheim are available (and do-able at level 1)? Blacksmiths and Important People won't even Talk To Me, so i cannot even go mining nor nuffing...
Brandybuck 18 Mar 12 @ 10:08am 
Live Another Life does have a Solstheim option if you're a Dunmer. If it breaks the game then you can't however. (It causes weirdness in my games too). But there is an alternative.You can use Skryim Unbound as an alternate alternate start. It won't start you in Solstheim, but it will let you cleanly postpone the main quest. I would start anywhere, then use the console to immediately move you to Solstheim.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169372128
gnewna Mar 12 @ 10:21am 
I love Skyrim Unbound. You can also start with variable amounts of gold, and start in Windhelm, and AFAIK you can theoretically take the boat to Solstheim from level one regardless of mods (although I've never tried it, so I don't know what dialogue options you get, given the normal way is 'I am NOT going back there!' 'hey, you brought people here WHO TRIED TO KILL ME' 'oh, yeah, you have a point') so if you started with >500 gold in Windhelm you could still have the boat ride rather than teleporting to Raven Rock.

Actually, my current Dunmer character is quite a way from meeting any Cultists (because I have Timing is Everything installed which lets you delay certain things from kicking in, such as vampire attacks, cultists, etc so it's a bit more spread out) and would quite like to visit Solstheim, I could go and check what the captain says if you haven't been attacked yet.
Last edited by gnewna; Mar 12 @ 10:24am
gnewna Mar 12 @ 11:04am 
Yup, now on Solstheim, Captain Gjalund seemed happy enough to sail, suspect I may not fare well if I venture outside Raven Rock, but I might investigate the mine...
Toft Mar 12 @ 5:44pm 
Originally posted by Brandybuck:
If it breaks the game then you can't however. (It causes weirdness in my games too).

I think you misunderstand. It works fine; (no dragons of course, myn Dduwes) but here i am at level 1 faced by level 10 monsters. I find I am Running Away a lot. Eventually, i hope, I will be able to get into The Mine... (either that or I am going to have to kill a whole lot of Wandering Insects)
gnewna Mar 13 @ 3:17am 
Save up 500 septims and hire the awesome Teldryn Sero for a bit of backup?
Toft Mar 13 @ 2:13pm 
Originally posted by gnewna:
Save up 500 septims and hire the awesome Teldryn Sero for a bit of backup?

Ah,Thank you - Thats a possibility i hadnt considered (i usually eschew paid companions). I wonder how much scathecraw that will take...
gnewna Mar 13 @ 2:51pm 
He's pretty great, he's even got a bit of a background that you can ask him about (nothing incredibly detailed, but it's nice to have it there, unlike most of the hirelings). Plus quite a few interesting idle chatter lines. If you want to make some easy money (though probably not enough alone to hire Teldryn) chat to the guy who owns the Retching Netch. Just trying to think if there are any other simple jobs that don't involve leaving the Bulwark...
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 19, 2013 @ 12:23pm