Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
NoME Game Designs Jul 18, 2013 @ 3:27pm
Greenlight Concepts Section Really Good...?
...for Gaming Developments in the Early t-o Pre-start Conceptual Stage?

Gamers on Steam want to see Screenshots, Gameplay Vids and such, not give Feedback on Early Developments by Game Designers who don't have much to show visually.

I'm one-up on the whole Promotional Materials thing, because I'm sinking some decent $$$ into having Finalized Designs done for Characters, Crafts and Environments for my Game, as well as a Promo Poster/Cover Art and a Gameplay Trailer mock-up, but I still have very grave doubts...

Any thoughts on this Topic?
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] Jul 18, 2013 @ 3:32pm 
I'm not sure what you want? Steam has how many users? surely some of them browse Concepts to be helpful without expecting Disneys Pixar to have done your animation and character concept sketches.

I'm sure you can put up only text and still get some kind of feed back. (although the more visual appealing the more people will be drawn in and comment)
jeslyck Jul 18, 2013 @ 3:41pm 
It's not too good but it is free, there are just too many games,friends, mods, sales, videos, give away, etc., on Steam. For you to ask that people spend time if it does not capture them immediately.
NoME Game Designs Jul 18, 2013 @ 3:43pm 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
I'm not sure what you want? Steam has how many users? surely some of them browse Concepts to be helpful without expecting Disneys Pixar to have done your animation and character concept sketches.

I'm sure you can put up only text and still get some kind of feed back. (although the more visual appealing the more people will be drawn in and comment)

You're totally right. I just feel so small and afraid. New Concepts only get a few days of Exposure under "Recent" and then they're buried alive. Browsing would be the only way someone might stumble on my game after that, because the combination of Genres I registered my Concept for is very niche.

Fortunately, I just want a good dozen or so of interested Steamers to provide on-going Feedback, and I'll be happy. I'm sure I just need to be patient and give it a few weeks or so...

I've just got Aspiring Game Designer jitters and the usual impatient streak for my generation, is all. Prolonged Anticipation/Excitement=Stress. I need to learn to relax or I'm just going to burn myself out...
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 18, 2013 @ 3:27pm