Steam Greenlight
Ce sujet a été verrouillé
Why developers should not be allowed to self Moderate (That stupid Jimmy Saville Game)
I am so sorry for discussing this in the main Greenlight fourms, but a certain developer released a "game" a few days ago, and is now aggressively censoring posts.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=158764398
As you can see, he seems to be having conversations with himself, and criticism seems suspicously absent from the game. This is because the "developer" has been agressively censoring anything from complains about the quality of the game to concerns about the subject matter. Several people have been banned, and apparently, people who speak out against him are "contributing nothing", "libeling", or something else abusurd.

This is another example of how Greenlight is only for narccisists who can't handle the fact that people don't like their so-called games, and another reason this entire thing needs to be shut down. It's time to put these egomaniacs in their place and tell them that no, their stupid little games are not even worth considering.
Dernière modification de Installs your games 100 times; 13 juil. 2013 à 9h32
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 16
Snaeng 13 juil. 2013 à 10h22 
And you couldn't post it in the other 100 threads because of...?
just because
miet 13 juil. 2013 à 10h27 
You can report these type of devs to Valve and if they have done what youre saying, the devs will lose their moderator status.
Snaeng a écrit :
You see, forums are sorted by subject matter into "topics". This pertains to a different "topic" then other posts, so I made a new thread.

Targa a écrit :
You can report these type of devs to Valve and if they have done what youre saying, the devs will lose their moderator status.
I reported the developer when my first comment was deleted, but Valve has a terrible track record as far as this goes.
miet 13 juil. 2013 à 10h42 
I reported the developer when my first comment was deleted, but Valve has a terrible track record as far as this goes.
Well they removed that WarZ guys status within few months so theres always hope!
Dernière modification de miet; 13 juil. 2013 à 10h42
Snaeng 13 juil. 2013 à 10h49 
Beta Nebula a écrit :
Snaeng a écrit :
You see, forums are sorted by subject matter into "topics". This pertains to a different "topic" then other posts, so I made a new thread.
I was refering to the other 100 threads about exactly this subject.
Snaeng a écrit :
Beta Nebula a écrit :
I was refering to the other 100 threads about exactly this subject.
And what 100 other threads? I don't see any? Oh, right, they all got buried under people who don't understand that this isn't the place to post games.

No seriously, I searched and found nothing, and you know thread necromancy is generally frowned upon in fourms, right?

And if there was one in the last 5 pages, it must have had a really nondescript title like "This bugs me" or "problem", because I don't see a single thread about mod abuse.

I'm not omniscient, and quite frankly, I have a life. So I made a new thread. Deal with it.
Dernière modification de Installs your games 100 times; 13 juil. 2013 à 11h10
I am a bit confused about what Snaeg is talking about too.

But on the subject: In the end that kind of attitude is going to be reflected in the votes and their project will spend forever in the Greenlight limbo.
I hardly think that one or a few devs being overambitious moderating the comment section of their project warrants shutting the whole thing down. You come off a bit oversensetive and without knowing exactly what you posted that got deleted I can't really tell if I should be equally appalled by this or just sigh at the whole thing.

TBH it looks like a crap project without any chance to be Greenlit so it feels more like a Sigh and move on kind of deal. It isn't worth spending time on as it can't improve enough to be average.
GorlomSwe a écrit :
I am a bit confused about what Snaeg is talking about too.

But on the subject: In the end that kind of attitude is going to be reflected in the votes and their project will spend forever in the Greenlight limbo.
I hardly think that one or a few devs being overambitious moderating the comment section of their project warrants shutting the whole thing down. You come off a bit oversensetive and without knowing exactly what you posted that got deleted I can't really tell if I should be equally appalled by this or just sigh at the whole thing.

TBH it looks like a crap project without any chance to be Greenlit so it feels more like a Sigh and move on kind of deal. It isn't worth spending time on as it can't improve enough to be average.
The problem is, this is not an isolated incident. Quite frankly, most of Greenlight is starting to look like this, even with the addition of a concepts section. This is the third time I've ran up against a developer like this in the past two months, and the other problems with Greenlight are piling up (developers with no idea how copyright law works, established developers getting passed over, ect). Things like this aren't the exception, they're the norm.
Mindwedge a écrit :
Targa a écrit :

Wrong!
Hey, it sort of works, it just takes a few months- a few years. This is Valve we're talking about, that kind of response time is fast for them. LOL.
Mindwedge a écrit :
Beta Nebula a écrit :
Hey, it sort of works, it just takes a few months- a few years. This is Valve we're talking about, that kind of response time is fast for them. LOL.

No, you're wrong. Devs moderate their own Greenlight submission pages, and can ban anyone they wish to.
You can still report the greenlight entries themselves, you know. And someone did eventually lose their moderator privelages. Maybe if you actually read the entire thread, you'd know that. Yes, they can mod however they want by default, but it is possible to lose that ability.
Dernière modification de Installs your games 100 times; 13 juil. 2013 à 12h56
Mindwedge a écrit :
Beta Nebula a écrit :
And what 100 other threads? I don't see any?

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/864944662947458893/?appid=765
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/864945596362219982/?appid=765
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/864944465818031942/?appid=765
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/864945865150204086/?appid=765

Beta Nebula a écrit :
No seriously, I searched and found nothing

Search terms: developer delete
There's more out there. These are just from page 1 of the search.

And as I said, very old threads or very vague topic tiles. Nothing I should give a crap about.

That's it. I'm done responding here. I was hoping to get some sort of intellegent discussion about what can be dones about this problem, but I forgot that Steam is where intellegent thought goes to die.
Beta Nebula a écrit :
I was hoping to get some sort of intellegent discussion about what can be dones about this problem

Vote the game down and move on with your life. That's all that can be done about it. It's not like removing negative comments in any way helps a game to be Greenlit.

And no, Valve has never taken away anybody's moderation privileges on their own project. They have taken down entire projects, but every developer is allowed to moderate their own submission to their heart's content.
Didi 13 juil. 2013 à 14h50 
Yeah !
Beta Nebula a écrit :
That's it. I'm done responding here. I was hoping to get some sort of intellegent discussion about what can be dones about this problem, but I forgot that Steam is where intellegent thought goes to die.
Someone disagrees with you and you turn around and insult everyone on the forum? I'm beginning to suspect the developer might have had a point moderating your comments.
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 16
Par page : 1530 50

Posté le 13 juil. 2013 à 9h29