Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Vercinger Jul 8, 2013 @ 9:07am
Can't create collections
When trying to create a collection, I get redirected to http://0.0.0.0:0/ugcupload after clicking "Save and Continue", and the result is a "This webpage is not available" message. Is this happening to anyone else or is it something on my end?
Last edited by Vercinger; Jul 8, 2013 @ 9:07am
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Vercinger Jul 8, 2013 @ 1:43pm 
Never mind, got it working somehow.

And I don't see the problem with there being lots of collections. The current organization of Greenlight isn't satisfactory, so collections are pretty much necessary if you want to find stuff easily.
wilco64256 Jul 8, 2013 @ 3:53pm 
I'm not sure that having more collections than games helps anything at all, I think the current options to customize the queue work just fine.
Vercinger Jul 8, 2013 @ 4:00pm 
I'm not talking about the queue. What I mean is, there's no easy way to find things you've downvoted, or to filter your greenlit favourites.
rodrigamesPT Jul 8, 2013 @ 4:30pm 
wtf why
-Z- Jul 8, 2013 @ 5:07pm 
Originally posted by Vercinger:
...or to filter your greenlit favourites.
Besides having the option to view favorites, things you followed, and things you voted for as separate categories?

Plus, with how many collections there are, the collections are even more disorganized than the entries themselves.
Vercinger Jul 8, 2013 @ 5:18pm 
None of those categories make a distinction between greenlit and not-yet-greenlit games.

If collections are used for the creator's needs, they don't need to appear organized to anyone else.
-Z- Jul 8, 2013 @ 5:20pm 
None of those categories make a distinction between greenlit and not-yet-greenlit games.

If collections are used for the creator's needs, they don't need to appear organized to anyone else.
You can't possibly go back an edit them when a title on it has had a status change because....?

And if collections could be made private, yes, I'd agree that they can be used for the creator's needs.

They aren't, however. Which means they're used to advertise a set of titles to other people around whatever thinking you might have that differs from someone else.

Otherwise, I've had no problem whatsoever keeping track of such things without ever touching the button to make a collection.
Last edited by -Z-; Jul 8, 2013 @ 5:23pm
Vercinger Jul 8, 2013 @ 6:43pm 
Because then I'd no longer have a record of which games I was excited enough about to favourite. It's a handy way to compare promises with results.

And collections can be made private - it's right there in the settings, under "Change Visibility".
-Z- Jul 8, 2013 @ 6:46pm 
You wouldn't be able to add your favorites to your favorite's list? Why not?
Vercinger Jul 9, 2013 @ 3:01am 
If I understood correctly, you were suggesting that I unfavourite games that get greenlit. If I do that, I lose track of them. If I don't do it, there's no way to distinguish between greenlit and ungreenlit games when looking at my favourites list. So either way, I need a collection to handle things.
-Z- Jul 9, 2013 @ 5:08am 
Except things that are greenlit and you voted for will remain in your "thing I voted for" list. They'll even get a green check mark when they're released. But, no, I did not ssuggest that you unfavorit games that get greenlit. I suggested you use your favorites list to list your favorites. Y'know, what it's there for.
Last edited by -Z-; Jul 9, 2013 @ 5:09am
Vercinger Jul 9, 2013 @ 5:19am 
Then I repeat my question: How do I easily distinguish between favourites that have been greenlit and favourites that haven't been greenlit, without using a collection?
-Z- Jul 9, 2013 @ 5:25am 
If you actually need such an arbitrary additional list, you still have the "followed items" list you could use.
Vercinger Jul 9, 2013 @ 8:52am 
That's already in use for something else.
Gorlom[Swe] Jul 9, 2013 @ 9:13am 
That's already in use for something else.
you could allways browse greenlight in your regular internet browser (or use an alternative to your standard browser, ie: google chrome if you usually use friefrox or vice versa) and use that browser's bookmark function in addition to the steam functions.

Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Jul 9, 2013 @ 9:13am
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2013 @ 9:07am