Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Harmon Jul 1, 2013 @ 7:46pm
Buying games before they are Greenlit
Some of the devs offer their games on their websites for purchase. Example: Tiny Barbarian, Legend of Dugeon, Infinite Pixels.. if I purchase the games from their sites and they get Greenlit later, can I get the Steam version free? I just like playing games via Steam.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Flotilla Jul 1, 2013 @ 7:47pm 
That differs from developer to developer. You'd have to ask each one individually.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- Jul 1, 2013 @ 7:48pm 
Depends on the devs. Ask them. I've seen several that have offered this, but it's completely up to the devs.
Harmon Jul 1, 2013 @ 7:52pm 
Ya, that's what I figured. I'm a little shaky about jumping the gun before they clean up the games for Steam but my impatience may get the best of me.
Sgt.Psycho Jul 1, 2013 @ 10:17pm 
A lot devs have said they will also offer Steam keys if Greenlit, but not all do. Check with the dev.

Of course it's possible to add any of your games to Steam too.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2219-YDJV-5557

Edit: WTF happened to all the html tags? Are we too unreliable to be trusted with text formatting and making hyperlinks?
Last edited by Sgt.Psycho; Jul 1, 2013 @ 10:18pm
Gus the Crocodile Jul 2, 2013 @ 12:29am 
Originally posted by Sgt.Psycho:
Edit: WTF happened to all the html tags? Are we too unreliable to be trusted with text formatting and making hyperlinks?
You can format text and add hyperlinks, nothing's changed there. But it's never been with HTML, always BBCode. Click the "formatting help" button that appears during posting for specifics.
Harmon Jul 3, 2013 @ 7:54pm 
I have added Minecraft for my son to launch on Steam. I don't know why but if a game is going to be released on Steam then I will wait and buy it here. Silly, I know but I guess I just have Steam fever.
Sgt.Psycho Jul 3, 2013 @ 10:29pm 
Originally posted by Gus the Crocodile:
You can format text and add hyperlinks, nothing's changed there. But it's never been with HTML, always BBCode. Click the "formatting help" button that appears during posting for specifics.

Thanks, working again now.
Last edited by Sgt.Psycho; Jul 4, 2013 @ 12:59am
Sir Jul 4, 2013 @ 9:36pm 
That would be nice, but not everyone think like that
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 1, 2013 @ 7:46pm