Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
MicHaeL MonStaR Jul 1, 2013 @ 7:18pm
No Daylight in Greenlight?
I'm surprised that I can't find a game called 'Daylight[www.playdaylight.com]' around here (unless I'm overlooking it). It was shown at E3 and I think it might just be really good, at least very unique. It's a Horror-game that's, as far as I know, mostly based on exploring and surviving/escaping with different tools. But the most unique thing is that the game generates itself somehow. Apparently this studio worked on games like "F.E.A.R." and "Condemned", but now make their own Horror-title. It's probably not done yet, but it would be great if it would become available on Steam eventually, and perhaps also include Achievements and stuff. Although, that might be kind of hard since the game apparently never plays the same, but I'm sure they could come up with something. And I also don't know if they already plan to go to Steam anyway, but it's probably far from done and that might be a reason. Still, I'm a bit surprised I can't find it here, especially seeing how many of those Early Access games in Alpha/Beta-state are on here.

In any case, doesn't anyone want this game to come to Steam? I think it would be good for the game.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Skoardy Jul 1, 2013 @ 7:56pm 
Contact the devs. Posting requests for games here won't achieve anything. Given it's going to be published by Atlus, they might end up telling you they're already earmarked for Steam.
MicHaeL MonStaR Jul 1, 2013 @ 8:04pm 
It's not a request. It's a question about whether or not people want this game, before I'd even try to contact the developers about it.
Big Boom Boom Jul 1, 2013 @ 8:29pm 
It's not a low-budget indy game, it has a publisher backing it (though the company that owns Atlus just filed for bankruptcy last week) so they already had plans on their own.
Sgt.Psycho Jul 1, 2013 @ 10:08pm 
Well... any conversation here is irrelevant until the owner submits it to Greenlight. I guess its really their call as to whether they want to bother or not.
Skoardy Jul 2, 2013 @ 5:59am 
Originally posted by MicHaeL MonStaR:
It's not a request. It's a question about whether or not people want this game, before I'd even try to contact the developers about it.
Then you probably want another forum. This one is about the Greenlight service and the games on it.
-Silver the Dragon- Jul 18, 2013 @ 6:54am 
i have the same issue with Son of Nor i subbed it as usual and not its not there without rport fail or ok the company is still workin on it.
Last edited by -Silver the Dragon-; Jul 18, 2013 @ 6:54am
AviciiVEVO Jul 21, 2013 @ 4:07pm 
yeah me to
DarthMagnolia Jul 21, 2013 @ 4:13pm 
Valve decided they could go directly to the Steam store without going through Greenlight: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/08/zombie-studios-unveils-unreal-engine-4-game-daylight
That caused quite a stir, I am surprised you didn't know.

By the way Valve allowing them to skip Greenlight entirely had nothing to do with them getting a publisher. The partnership with Atlus was barely announced last month, but they secured Steam distribution months ago.
Gorlom[Swe] Jul 21, 2013 @ 4:42pm 
Could they have had a partnership before it got announced?

It's just that I'm a bit unclear as to why they would bother to get a publisher after getting a Steam deal?
PinkMan Jul 21, 2013 @ 6:34pm 
ok
C0untzer0 Jul 22, 2013 @ 12:29am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:

It's just that I'm a bit unclear as to why they would bother to get a publisher after getting a Steam deal?
Possibly the difference between being on the market and being marketed?
DarthMagnolia Jul 22, 2013 @ 12:54pm 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:

AFAIK it was to publish on the Playstation 4, but I could be wrong.
claudioalonsof1 Jul 22, 2013 @ 1:55pm 
t's not a low-budget indy game yes rigth
Gorlom[Swe] Jul 22, 2013 @ 2:40pm 
AAaah, it's a cross platform title. That would explain it even better than C0untzer0's suggestion.

I didn't consider crossplatform at all.
-Silver the Dragon- Jul 22, 2013 @ 3:02pm 
yeah i noticed multiplatform but i missed the hassle they had i just added it to my wanted games by checkin back to look for update info i found it gone . Well even better i see now its marked on steam for beeing on normal trade sometime in august cool.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 1, 2013 @ 7:18pm