Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
[Otaku]Schiller Jun 26, 2013 @ 11:35am
Badge for being active on Greenlight?
Hey, is there a Steam badge for actively participating in Greenlight? Voting or submitting?
Showing 1-15 of 64 comments
< >
Amatsuri Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:16pm 
hm well it is one of the tasks for the community ambassador badge
Erretter Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:27pm 
Great Idea. I voted on every single bit of Greenlight. Would be happy if I could get a badge for that :)
[Otaku]Schiller Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:35pm 
Originally posted by Erretter:
Great Idea. I voted on every single bit of Greenlight. Would be happy if I could get a badge for that :)

It would also boost the activity around greenlight which can only be good for most greenlight devs :b
Last edited by [Otaku]Schiller; Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:35pm
Gorlom[Swe] Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:37pm 
Originally posted by Von Schiller:
Hey, is there a Steam badge for actively participating in Greenlight? Voting or submitting?
Originally posted by Amatsuri:
hm well it is one of the tasks for the community ambassador badge
Originally posted by Erretter:

Horrible idea since it would make people feed the system false data just to get badges. People wouldn't be votiung for the games they want oto buy. They would vote just to get their badge, which would defeat the point of having them vote in the first palce. The games should be the incentive to vote not badges and psychological trigger rewards.

The part of the community ambassador badge has already proven to be incredibly stupid as it has filled the greenlight forum with a lot of nonsense posts that has nothing to do with anything jsut so people can get their badges, emotes, and whatnot.

I think there has been a thread on this before.

Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:40pm
Skoardy Jun 26, 2013 @ 1:22pm 
Yeah, having seen all the dopey, vague, off-topic, necro-threading and say-anything posts that simply adding an unconnected 'achievement' has caused in here alone, I say they should avoid giving out a meaningless trinket for Greenlight participation.

We've already got people who can't wrap their brain around a simple 'Would you buy this?' question. Don't need a sudden influx of people who wouldn't even bother reading it first.
-Z- Jun 26, 2013 @ 3:20pm 
^
..because it would make it worse?
Gorlom[Swe] Jun 26, 2013 @ 4:38pm 
Originally posted by Mindwedge:
Stupid doesn't need to be fed to happen spontaneously.
Just because weeds occurs naturally doesn't mean that they should be cultivated in the middle of your wheat fields and allow them to suffocate the desirable wheat plants.

Encourageing people to use greenlight the wrong way and increasing the size of the problem just seems stupid to me.

Originally posted by Skoardy:
We've already got people who can't wrap their brain around a simple 'Would you buy this?' question. Don't need a sudden influx of people who wouldn't even bother reading it first.
I just noticed something. The banner at the top of the screen (not the queestion) when you go to a game page talks about "helping to bring this game to Steam". I think the wording is somewhat phrased as how many people seem to misinterperate the question. I think that banner is actually misleading peopel to vote for if they think a game should be given a chance / could be enjoyed by others rather than if they would buy the game.
-Z- Jun 26, 2013 @ 4:40pm 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
I just noticed something. The banner at the top of the screen (not the queestion) when you go to a game page talks about "helping to bring this game to Steam". I think the wording is somewhat phrased as how many people seem to misinterperate the question. I think that banner is actually misleading peopel to vote for if they think a game should be given a chance / could be enjoyed by others rather than if they would buy the game.
The confusion of general and personal, eh?
Skoardy Jun 26, 2013 @ 6:07pm 
Originally posted by Mindwedge:
Stupid doesn't need to be fed to happen spontaneously. It will happen no matter what the incentive is. So why not let them have their cake?
Just because it doesn't need to be encouraged, is that any reason to encourage it? Seems like a remarkably short-sighted outlook to actively make things far worse just because of the occasional idiot.

I could get run over crossing the street but it doesn't mean I might as well walk into traffic with my eyes closed.
Skoardy Jun 27, 2013 @ 3:47am 
You used to complain about people lowering the standards of discussion but now all you seem to do is post snarky comments. What happened, Mindwedge?
Leo Jun 27, 2013 @ 10:48pm 
Great Idea.
Gorlom[Swe] Jun 28, 2013 @ 12:32am 
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/846957366681889169/?appid=765

This is what the idea to reward people for voting on games and posting in the forum (on the same badge) leads to...
Xgryde (DK) Jun 29, 2013 @ 9:29am 
Hmm but wouldn't that just make more spam
XenOs.- Jun 30, 2013 @ 8:27am 
What happened,
salo Jun 30, 2013 @ 8:39am 
yes
Showing 1-15 of 64 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50