Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Sir Danny Jun 20, 2013 @ 8:51am
World War 1 games
Where are they? I mean c'mon, trench warfare would be so cool! And where da hell Is The Somme game, I can't find it anywhere.
Showing 1-15 of 71 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] Jun 20, 2013 @ 10:27am 
Why would trench warfare be cool? :S

It only sounds like it would be an annoyingly frustrating game. "nothing new on the west front" and all that.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Jun 20, 2013 @ 10:28am
wilco64256 Jun 20, 2013 @ 12:40pm 
Perhaps you could clarify exactly what part of trench warfare you think would be cool? It was mostly about sitting around and waiting for something interesting to happen for hours at a time
Gorlom[Swe] Jun 20, 2013 @ 1:09pm 
I bet he is a trench aficionado/enthusiast. :p

But what kind of game is he interested in? a first person shoo.. er dodger? a trench tycoon? faux strategy game? (on account of trenchwarefare not allowing any strategic manuvers), trench tetris puzzle game?
I don't think you can do sport or adventure themed trench games. Sport would probably be especially bad if it's supposed to be WW1, and adventure without anything to do would be booring.
RPG? Somehow that makes the most sense but I wouldn't expect it to be any good.
Sir Danny Jun 22, 2013 @ 7:12am 
Why would it be frustrating? And yeah, I mean a first person shooter ww1 game. Not neceserally you'd have to sit in the trench the entire game. One round one side attacks, the othher round - the other side.
Gorlom[Swe] Jun 22, 2013 @ 7:45am 
I dont think you managed to explain why it would be cool or what part of trench warfare would be cool.
Sir Danny Jun 22, 2013 @ 7:48am 
Well, it would be cool 'cause to be honest, we don't really have much ww1 games. Second, trench warfare would be great 'cause you could command your troops throught the trench (protect left! Right!) Thrid, Artillery attacks (eevryone running around mad and such).
Gorlom[Swe] Jun 22, 2013 @ 7:53am 
ok, you could command them left or right. But how do you win? How do you progress? What is the goal?

There might be a reason we don't have many WW1 games.

PS: please tell me you dont want a tower defense kind of game :S
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Jun 22, 2013 @ 7:55am
Sir Danny Jun 22, 2013 @ 8:17am 
I don't :DD

Man, let's hope someone after this makes a ww1 game ;D So like I mentioned erlier there would be 2 ways of wining. When one side attack the others defend and those who succsed, well win. But, I guess there could also be another game mode, in which you capture points (No mans lands, then the first line of enemy defences, then the second and etc.)
Gorlom[Swe] Jun 22, 2013 @ 8:56am 
That doesn't sound like trench warfare to me.

That sounds like TF2. the payload, king of the hill and capture modes to be specific.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Jun 22, 2013 @ 8:56am
Sir Danny Jun 22, 2013 @ 9:01am 
Not sure why paylod or king of the hill, kinda more like WW1: source
Gorlom[Swe] Jun 22, 2013 @ 9:08am 
"Taking turns attacking". How is that not payload or king of the hill? in payload the teams switch after the round is over, in king of the hill the teams switch within the same round when the other team gets control of the control point.

Edit: the one that wasn't making sense was capture. I was thinking about the "attack / defend" mode.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Jun 22, 2013 @ 9:13am
Sir Danny Jun 22, 2013 @ 9:11am 
Oh, sorry for misreading, yeah you'er kinda right, but to be honest, a lot of games have similliar games modes (or the same).
Gorlom[Swe] Jun 22, 2013 @ 9:14am 
Originally posted by Dat lithuanian guy ☢:
Oh, sorry for misreading, yeah you'er kinda right, but to be honest, a lot of games have similliar games modes (or the same).
Yep. And I don't consider those games trench warfare games either. :p Too much action for them to be trench warefare.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Jun 22, 2013 @ 9:15am
Sir Danny Jun 22, 2013 @ 9:15am 
Yeah, well indeed, still, the entire theme would be awesome :D
-|WaD|- BigMike Jun 22, 2013 @ 10:22am 
Let's play trench warefare...join any DOD:S server, set up an MG facing the enemy spawn. Now, lets see how many people on the other "attacking" team enjoy the game, as you rack up a big score.
Showing 1-15 of 71 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 20, 2013 @ 8:51am