The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
hasikon Jun 19, 2013 @ 9:06am
[mod idea] refrence dungeons
can anyone make a mod that adds refrence dungeons .1 called the doctors prison .its full of daleks and cybermen and other doctor who enermys .and at the end theres dalek armor (light) .cyberman armor(heavy armor) dalek gun .cyberman gun arm .and a doctor who follower .the dwemer science ruin .full of portal2 looking dwemers and at the end no idea ....monsters cave .a dungeon full of evil pokemons .at the end groudon follower (immortal ofcurse) groudon cant wear armor but uses groudons waraxe and eruption magic .also you find a groudons waraxe (has 30% to kill in 1 hit) and eruption magic .so you dont need to take it from groudon .eruption magic does the same like earth power from the games ....the digital monster cave .a cave full of evil digimons and at the end blackwargreymon armor and 2 blackwargreymon daggers (they look like blackwargreymon,s hands and can be upgradet whit ebony ingots) .in the doctors prison theres a king dalek boss battle .in the dwemer science ruin theres a dwemer glados boss and in the monsters cave theres a shadow groudon boss and in the digital monster cave theres a blackwargreymon as boss .if you get any ideas tell me .if you wanna make this mod tell me and ill help if i can
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
hasikon Jun 19, 2013 @ 11:11am 
really? 2 hours and no mod creator has wanted to try it?
(KM)bobman235 Jul 23, 2013 @ 10:16pm 
I think its a shame but just give it time im looking for a mod maker to for my idea and I cant wate
Adura 1 Jul 23, 2013 @ 10:52pm 
*sigh*

Hi, I am Adura ^^. Let me try to explain why it is highly unlikely that anyone will help, and much more unlikely for the mod to be made even if they did.

First, modders will make what they like, not what you like. To add to that, most modders like creating lore-friendly mods, which this definitely is not.

Second, much of what you ask for requires entirely new meshs and textures. These take an IMMENSE amount of time and effort to make. The legality of it is also a little sketchy (There was a Lord of the Rings mod that got a Cease and Desist order, if I remember correctly, and was close to a lawsuit).

Third, some of these ideas would most likely require the use of animations not already included in the game (particularly the pokemon idea). You cannot add new animations in Skyrim! It is a hard limit of the Creation Kit - one that cannot be bypassed. The best that can be done is to edit already-present animations, but this threatens to hurt other aspects of the game.

Fourth: This one is the most important. Modders do not get paid for their work. Modders make mod because they love Skyrim and want to add things that they would love to see. It takes a long time to make even simple mods. Heck, it even takes awhile for the Creation Kit to load >_<.

What you're asking for is no small amount of work. In fact, you're basically asking for months of effort. It might only take weeks for a very experienced and expedient modeller, texture artist and modder to do this mod - but that seems unrealistic to me. That includes full time work.

There's been people willing to pay for mod work. They were only asking for relatively simple things (making cows give milk, etc.) From what I recall, he could not find any modders that followed through and made them for him =/

I hope this makes you more aware of what you're asking and how modders usually respond to mod requests.

I wish you luck ^^

(TLDR; You're basically asking someone to devote weeks of dedicated, difficult work to create something just for you, of which they will not get paid and likely won't like to use themself. Also, some of these ideas may not be possible with the Creation Kit, at least in the manner you expect them to be fulfilled.)
Last edited by Adura; Jul 23, 2013 @ 11:00pm
hasikon Jul 24, 2013 @ 4:24am 
i already knew all that but thanks for saying it .i dint know that about the money,s .but i just thoug there where many mod makers who dint know what to make when i posted this
J3X Jul 24, 2013 @ 7:14am 
Originally posted by hasikonsheogorath:
i already knew all that but thanks for saying it .i dint know that about the money,s .but i just thoug there where many mod makers who dint know what to make when i posted this
Mod creators has their head full of ideas, very few of them does not know what they want to create.
The suggested path, if one wants a mod created, is not to create an idea post about it but to learn how to mod and create it.

Also, your idea is pretty much just random things, not fitting the game at all, thrown together.
Last edited by J3X; Jul 24, 2013 @ 7:15am
hasikon Jul 24, 2013 @ 7:46am 
Originally posted by J3X:
Originally posted by hasikonsheogorath:
Mod creators has their head full of ideas, very few of them does not know what they want to create.
The suggested path, if one wants a mod created, is not to create an idea post about it but to learn how to mod and create it.

Also, your idea is pretty much just random things, not fitting the game at all, thrown together.
well .i do agree it looks and reads kinda random .but it could be fitting . needs a bit lore-friendlyness and stuff
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 19, 2013 @ 9:06am