Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
SFF Jun 15, 2013 @ 11:27am
Get Unepic or wait for Rogue Legacy?
I'll have ten dollars left over once I preorder Knights of Pen and Paper, and both Unepic and Rogue Legacy interest me. To those who have played either or both (if Legacy is currently out at other retailers), which one would you consider better?
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- Jun 15, 2013 @ 3:45pm 
Looks like Rogue Legacy is still in preorder mode, so it's not available to play yet.
Zackatum Jun 19, 2013 @ 4:46am 
I'll take Rouge Legacy because it looks more interesting and fun
SIN SOBAKI Jun 19, 2013 @ 10:14am 
Fun
Snaeng Jun 19, 2013 @ 8:53pm 
I would suggest you to NOT buy Knights of Pen and Paper. That game features micro transactions. So besides paying for the actual game, you'll be urged inside the game to spend additional money for features.
Sera Jun 19, 2013 @ 9:29pm 
Originally posted by Snaeng:
I would suggest you to NOT buy Knights of Pen and Paper. That game features micro transactions. So besides paying for the actual game, you'll be urged inside the game to spend additional money for features.
And that's always a terrible thing, no sarcasm intended. "Normal" games (non-mmorpg) with micro-transactions are always a huge turn-off. Worst crap existing ever... I respect DLCs because they are permanent add-ons. Micro-transactions in such games are nothing but stupid...
C0untzer0 Jun 20, 2013 @ 1:30am 
Thanks for the warning, I would have fallen for that in the summer sale.
Gorlom[Swe] Jun 20, 2013 @ 4:05am 
Yes, much apriciated :)
SFF Jun 20, 2013 @ 5:54am 
Actually, I've already gotten Unepic and Knights, and I enjoy both. Hell, as far as I'm concerned, the "micro transactions" might as well not even be there, that's how little I care, since I'll never actually use them.
Gorlom[Swe] Jun 20, 2013 @ 6:49am 
Apparently according to the thread on kinghts of pen and papers community hub (that complains about the microtransactions) the microtransactions are for gold only (or what you can buy for real money can also bebought for ingame gold, im not too sure about that one) So it is all about "to grind or not to grind".

There are some complaints that the gold starts trickling slowly as you go on, that the progression seems to be off to encourage players to use the microtransaction.
Snaeng Jun 20, 2013 @ 8:55am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
Apparently according to the thread on kinghts of pen and papers community hub (that complains about the microtransactions) the microtransactions are for gold only (or what you can buy for real money can also bebought for ingame gold, im not too sure about that one) So it is all about "to grind or not to grind".

There are some complaints that the gold starts trickling slowly as you go on, that the progression seems to be off to encourage players to use the microtransaction.

Yeah, and that's exactly the bad part. They design the game to encourage the player to BUY gold for REAL MONEY, after they bought the game again. And this mostly happens later in the game, when the player is already more attached to it and wants to finish it. So either spend more money, or grind grind grind grind grind...

Micro transactions for a paid game are a bad thing. If we support developers like this, then soon we won't have any game without micro transactions anymore.
Skoardy Jun 20, 2013 @ 9:01am 
Originally posted by Snaeng:
Micro transactions for a paid game are a bad thing. If we support developers like this, then soon we won't have any game without micro transactions anymore.
Sounds like a definite avoid-like-the-plague situation. Thanks for the warnings.
Axy3r Jun 20, 2013 @ 9:37am 
not
Adelion Jun 20, 2013 @ 10:24am 
Since I actually planned to buy the game as well if it gets a sale I also took my time to read through the thread about the micro-transactions. As I understand it you can play the game without buying any gold from their store since you can get the gold in-game. And different people say/claim the game is balanced enough that you don't need to grind too much.
But nonetheless I kicked the game from my wishlist as well since I can't stand the pure thought that I could buy gold with real money -_-
SFF Jun 20, 2013 @ 10:53am 
Oh my god, can we PLEASE not turn this topic into yet another microtransaction ****fest? Knights of Pen and Paper isn't even involved in this topic.
wilco64256 Jun 20, 2013 @ 12:42pm 
Originally posted by tsff19:
Knights of Pen and Paper isn't even involved in this topic.

Originally posted by tsff19:
I'll have ten dollars left over once I preorder Knights of Pen and Paper
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 15, 2013 @ 11:27am