Steam Greenlight
Japanese Ghostbusters on Greenlight and IndieGoGo!
Fruitbat Factory[fruitbatfactory.com] is producing a new game named 99 Spirits and they have it on IndieGoGo as well.
They have reached almost 80% with 12 days to go.
It looks interesting with a story that revolves around the feudal Japanese legends called Tsukumogami where everyday objects come to life at their 100th age.
En son Mavromatis tarafından düzenlendi; 4 Mar 2013 @ 14:42
< >
10 yorumdan 1 ile 10 arası gösteriliyor
And what does this have to do with Ghostbusters?
İlk olarak wilco64256 tarafından gönderildi:
And what does this have to do with Ghostbusters?
Umm... there are ghosts... and you bust them. I think it is kinda relevant. Don't you?
And yeah it is not Ghostbusters the game, it is a ghost busting game.
En son Mavromatis tarafından düzenlendi; 4 Mar 2013 @ 14:04
you might want to seperate ghostbusters into two words then. as a single word it suggests the specific western IP with the marshmallowman and walking statue of liberty, the ghost traps and proton packs etc.
En son Gorlom[Swe] tarafından düzenlendi; 4 Mar 2013 @ 14:22
Yeah I was trying to see the connection to the actual existing "Ghostbusters" IP and was having trouble with that.
Hey there!

Thanks for posting about our game. We had some laughs when we saw the likening to the Ghostbusters.

The Tsukumogami[en.wikipedia.org] can be likened to the ghosts possessing items but it's not really that. The legend is about the objects themselves gaining sentience due to existing in the world for a century.

In the game's story set in the feudal Japan, these Tsukumogami somehow came out in great numbers and began terrorizing the population. The main character, Hanabusa, is on a quest for revenge, aiming to destroy them all.
hmm sounds like poltergeists.
Not entirely. as I understand it it is the objects themselves that are the ghosts/demons in the case of tsukumgami. Poltergeists are invisible enteties that just throws stufff around without being part of the object.

I read somewhere in the "nurarihyon no mago" manga on how one of the (yokai) characters gathers lots of old objects that are about to turn 100 years old and give birth to tsukumogami (which in the manga behaves as sprites) but I can't find the chapter now.
(The character that gathers them is supposed to be a luitennant, but the yokai she is in charge of won't listen to her so she gathers new yokai that will listen to her. Seems they are grateful to her because she took care of their objects)
Oh boy..not familiar with that stuff at all ..meaning manga and the terminology that goes with it.

I doubt the accuracy of manga. Sometimes the author makes concepts their own, especially when it comes to demons and ghosts and the likes.. It was just interesting sidenote the way creation of Tsukugami was kind of described (and illustrated) and it would have been interesteing if I found what chapter it was in so you could read it. (or if someone else with familiarity in that manga could find it)

Overall that manga got a lot of Japanese demons and ghosts. It seems the japanese spirit world is a bit more colourful then the western version.
Hmmm I used to be interested in Japanese culture in my younger days, maybe I should look into it. :)
< >
10 yorumdan 1 ile 10 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50

Gönderilme Tarihi: 4 Mar 2013 @ 10:21
İleti: 10