Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
gargamell999 Mar 1, 2013 @ 5:23pm
boot camp anyone?
i'm tired of the usuall heavy military PVP shooter. Has anyone ever made a game that comes very close to the real life army boot camp? or that place the marines get sent to? hey try to make a section where you the player is in the midle of a platoon martching formation, and you have to keep up and not mess up.
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
< >
Derpfestor Mar 1, 2013 @ 5:34pm 
Is this a joke?

Kids today... *Sigh*
Hempy F. Skywalker Mar 1, 2013 @ 8:32pm 
Eat your heart heart out kid: http://www.martiangames.com/index.php?params=game/341/Bootcamp/ :) Prolly ain't exact but it's BOOTCAMP!
AusSkiller Mar 2, 2013 @ 2:43am 
Americas Army had a boot camp which I assume must be pretty close to the real thing, though I'm sure it skips over all the boring stuff, but you still have to take exams in it.
Last edited by AusSkiller; Mar 2, 2013 @ 2:44am
gargamell999 Mar 2, 2013 @ 8:40am 
thankyou Mr Hempy, mike rotchy needs to remember that most of the time...... the brilliant ideas come from those stupid children
Elizerection Mar 2, 2013 @ 8:59am 
Originally posted by gargamell999:
thankyou Mr Hempy, mike rotchy needs to remember that most of the time...... the brilliant ideas come from those stupid children

[Citation needed]
Derpfestor Mar 2, 2013 @ 10:16am 

Here's my logic to it: If you see the younger generations play sports games, even though they're perfectly capable of going outside and playing sports, then you failed as a parent. Same goes for this boot camp simulator you propose, if you really want to experience what boot camp is like, join the military, playing a game on it is just pathetic.
Elizerection Mar 2, 2013 @ 10:18am 
Originally posted by Mike Rotch:

Here's my logic to it: If you see the younger generations play sports games, even though they're perfectly capable of going outside and playing sports, then you failed as a parent. Same goes for this boot camp simulator you propose, if you really want to experience what boot camp is like, join the military, playing a game on it is just pathetic.

This is, quite possibly, the dumbest post I have ever seen.
Derpfestor Mar 2, 2013 @ 10:20am 
Originally posted by Erinduck:

How so?
Elizerection Mar 2, 2013 @ 10:27am 

How so?

Video games operate under their ability to provide experiences, from the mundane to the exotic. They give you a way to do things in controlled environments, to do things in a group that otherwise would never be able to be done, to provide enthusiast interactions with things, to tell stories that excite and intrigue. A kid playing Madden NFL 13 doesn't have parents that failed him, he's playing a game full of professional players from the Giants and the Patriots. He's playing the experience of a huge game from a completely unique angle. A kid wanting to play a game that shows off boot camp doesn't even mean he wants to join the army. It means he's interested in seeing that experience from a specific angle.

Video games are forms of entertainment. There is no "failure" from any angle in enjoying them.
Derpfestor Mar 2, 2013 @ 10:29am 

How so?

Video games operate under their ability to provide experiences, from the mundane to the exotic. They give you a way to do things in controlled environments, to do things in a group that otherwise would never be able to be done, to provide enthusiast interactions with things, to tell stories that excite and intrigue. A kid playing Madden NFL 13 doesn't have parents that failed him, he's playing a game full of professional players from the Giants and the Patriots. He's playing the experience of a huge game from a completely unique angle. A kid wanting to play a game that shows off boot camp doesn't even mean he wants to join the army. It means he's interested in seeing that experience from a specific angle.

Video games are forms of entertainment. There is no "failure" from any angle in enjoying them.

Fair enough. Thank you for enlighting me, Professor Erinduck. With that though, I still don't think a boot camp simulator would be very popular or accurate.
gargamell999 Mar 2, 2013 @ 12:33pm 
mr rotch how well is the survivor game doing? no not the tv show but the game that the show promotes every once in a while. children are never going to be in the tv show.

um mike rotch how old would i have to be to have been in the tenisee 1982 worlds fair? they had the mis pack man game all over the place.
Derpfestor Mar 2, 2013 @ 1:11pm 
mr rotch how well is the survivor game doing? no not the tv show but the game that the show promotes every once in a while. children are never going to be in the tv show.

um mike rotch how old would i have to be to have been in the tenisee 1982 worlds fair? they had the mis pack man game all over the place.

Whoa, I'm not even that old, but you sound like you're still in junior high with that comment.
Last edited by Derpfestor; Mar 2, 2013 @ 1:19pm
Hempy F. Skywalker Mar 2, 2013 @ 1:32pm 

D*mbSh*t award of the week goes to this lame above^ (MIKE ROTCH).
WOW, they actually do get stupidier as time goes on.

Let's all quit gaming and go do what our games do in real life so MIKE doesn't consider us failures.

I'm playing Skyrim now and I'm tired of being a failure. I'm gonna go slay dragons in real life, ftw.
Last edited by Hempy F. Skywalker; Mar 2, 2013 @ 1:34pm
Derpfestor Mar 2, 2013 @ 1:43pm 
Originally posted by Hempy Hustle:

Let's all quit gaming and go do what our games do in real life so MIKE doesn't consider us failures.

I'm playing Skyrim now and I'm tired of being a failure. I'm gonna go slay dragons in real life, ftw.

Wait, is this why I'm getting all this flak? You misunderstand, I'm all for gaming when it allows you to escape and do things you can't normally do in reality, but playing sports or going to boot camp is something nearly everyone is capable of doing, and you get more out of it that way. Believe me, I've been to boot camp, there are some things that video game cannot recreate.
Last edited by Derpfestor; Mar 2, 2013 @ 1:45pm
Elizerection Mar 2, 2013 @ 1:45pm 
Originally posted by Hempy Hustle:

Wait, is this why I'm getting all this flak? I'm all for gaming when it allows you to escape and do things you can't normally do in reality, but playing sports or going to boot camp is something nearly everyone is capable of doing, and you get more out of it. Believe me, I've been to boot camp, there are some things that video game cannot recreate.

And? It's not about these things. It's not about simulation, it's about an entertainment experience.
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2013 @ 5:23pm