Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Owlahk Feb 28, 2013 @ 1:37pm
Any chances for a standalone source mod?
Black Mesa, Lost Story, The Stanley Parable: HD Remix, Faceless got greenlighted.

We are making a standalone mod on source 2007 engine. It has its own story, universe etc. So can we post it on Greenlight?
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
C0untzer0 Feb 28, 2013 @ 1:39pm 
deep down, don't you already have your answer?
Gorlom[Swe] Feb 28, 2013 @ 2:19pm 
As I understand it: Yes, but if you expect to make money on it you will have to negotiate licensing deals of the source engine.

This should be in the greenlight FAQ IIRC.

Originally posted by about Greenlight:
Q: My game is a mod – can I still submit it to Steam Greenlight?

A: Yes, you can submit your mod to Steam Greenlight, but in order to be launched on Steam you will need to have a full engine license in place for your game. If you are a Source engine mod, we can work with you on this piece, but for other engines you will need to work with them directly.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Feb 28, 2013 @ 2:20pm
Owlahk Feb 28, 2013 @ 3:10pm 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
As I understand it: Yes, but if you expect to make money on it you will have to negotiate licensing deals of the source engine.

This should be in the greenlight FAQ IIRC.

Originally posted by about Greenlight:
Q: My game is a mod – can I still submit it to Steam Greenlight?

A: Yes, you can submit your mod to Steam Greenlight, but in order to be launched on Steam you will need to have a full engine license in place for your game. If you are a Source engine mod, we can work with you on this piece, but for other engines you will need to work with them directly.

Thank you, we are planning free2play mod, anyway we will post it soon.
Snaeng Mar 1, 2013 @ 1:35am 
Originally posted by Indie Boy:
Black Mesa, Lost Story, The Stanley Parable: HD Remix, Faceless got greenlighted.

Greenlit means they're ready to go Greenlight. At least if they provide a decent quality (to not repeat the "Towns"-disaster.)
Last edited by Snaeng; Mar 1, 2013 @ 1:35am
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 1, 2013 @ 3:54am 
Snaeng: which question are you answering? It would help me to make sense of the answer if I knew the question. (I know about the result of Towns rushing their development, I'm not asking for elaboration of the answer just which question you were answering)
Your answer doesn't seem to be related to whether or not you can submit mods to the greenlight process.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 28, 2013 @ 1:37pm