Portal 2

Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Learn More
Building Geometry Stuck Around 95% on Mac Map Editor
It started earlier this month. When I either go to build, rebuild, or publish a map, the Building Geometry progress bar gets stuck around 90%. No error messages, no freezes or crashes, just hanging there until I press cancel.

I'm aware of many others reporting this problem as well. It seems to be exclusive to Macs, and it didn't start happening until a few days ago.

I have tried rebooting, reseting router/modem, verifying the integrity of my game cache, deleting files (clientregistry.blob and the preview.bsp/prt/vmf/log files), nothing works. I created a tiny 1x4 chamber, and even then it gets stuck when building.

I can't think of any more details right now, but that's the gist.

I tried posting to that Portal 2 Bugs list in the forum, but I can't--my login/registration isn't working yet (still in the welcome moderation period, I guess).

Does anyone know of any next steps we poor, ragged souls can take? Our maps seem doomed to be forever lost in an unbuilt sea of woe.

Feel free to post here if you're having the same problem. Thanks.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
Mitch McWiggins 15 Feb 22, 2013 @ 12:51pm 
Here's a screenshot of what I see when building/rebuilding/publishing.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128883302
I submitted a ticket to Steam Support. Fingers crossed!
Light 1 Mar 1, 2013 @ 10:38am 
yeah I got the same problem; did you get an answer from valve?
Not yet. It's been a little over a week. I'll post here when I hear something.
One guy on a different board got a response a few days ago. I'm not sure if he's tried the solution they recommended though--he didn't seem to think it would work. I figured I would just wait until I get a response to mine . . .
Light 1 Mar 1, 2013 @ 3:23pm 
I just submitted a ticket myself, let's see what they make of this..
Thanks for submitting one! I think the more individuals who do that, the better.
have the same problem
Phillotrax Mar 3, 2013 @ 10:05am 
Having the same problem, putting the link to this article on my steam ticket, they seem to think we're talking about downloading Portal 2.
Light 1 Mar 3, 2013 @ 10:10am 
good idea
i've had this problem for about a month now and I redownloaded every single file in portal 2. twice.
But it didn't help. and it just happened out of the blue. no update, no mods, just happened.
I'm really glad to hear that i'm not the only one with this problem because i was afraid it would never get enough attention to be fixed.
Light 1 Mar 5, 2013 @ 8:30am 
please submit a ticket if you want to help; fyi here is a link to a different thread discussing the same topic http://steamcommunity.com/app/620/discussions/0/846945579837536137/#p4
I received a second response:

The map creator is used to make user created content, and unfortunately, Steam Support does not provide direct support for it.

However, the issue is being investigated and we will work towards correcting it.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.
im clearly working on it im not working for valve or anyone i have the bug and i would recommend just leave it alone until valve considers patching this
Zucc Mar 6, 2013 @ 9:57am 
Also affected.
Here's a link to the related forum with the most comments from all of us. Check out tthopf's post at the top of page 5, there's an email address:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/620/discussions/0/846945579837536137/
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Feb 21, 2013 @ 2:44pm