Portal 2

Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Les mer
Stagger Lee 70 21. feb. 2013 kl. 7.16
Did Valve break the Workshop again?
When attempting to publish a new map, I get "Cannot connect to Steam Workshop. Please verify your connection and try again".

OK, connection checked, doing great but same message over and over.
< >
Viser 115 av 30 kommentarer
Skyferret 179 21. feb. 2013 kl. 13.06 
I get the same thing. That's why I came here to look and see if anyone posted something related to this. So I guess it's them. It kinda makes me wonder, "come on Valve, WTF are you doing"? "Are you fixing ♥♥♥♥ that's not broke?"
DrakonLeruki 16 21. feb. 2013 kl. 18.09 
Well, try to shift+tab!
Stagger Lee 70 22. feb. 2013 kl. 12.58 
Shift+Tab is for building within the editor. That is hardly the issue. It builds in the editor just fine. I can't publish maps. That is the issue.
76561198078839129 2 23. feb. 2013 kl. 8.31 
Me Too. I have the same problem. Can't publish! I get "Error can not connect to steam workshop".I havn't found a solution yet. It is annoying.
nintendo.erk 218 23. feb. 2013 kl. 11.12 
Same here.....
Stagger Lee 70 23. feb. 2013 kl. 11.19 
Question for those with this problem... What Operating system are you using? I am using Vista Ultimate.

There was a huge update by Microsoft across all of their platforms between when mine worked and now when it doesn't. My wife has no problem on her system and she is running Windows 7. My son can also publish and he is running XP Pro 64 bit Edition.

I'm wondering if there is a issue with the update for Vista users.
nintendo.erk 218 23. feb. 2013 kl. 11.33 
I'm using win7 x64 ultimate, my brother does aswell and he has no problems.
Stagger Lee 70 23. feb. 2013 kl. 11.34 
Scratch that one then. Just trying to find the common denominator here.
Skyferret 179 23. feb. 2013 kl. 16.03 
I'm still sitting here with the same thing. Can't sync, can't publish. I can build maps and test them, I can subscribe to a map and play it, but no can publish. From what I can see, it depends where you are. I tried switching my Steam settings to a different D/L region just for the heck of it but it didn't work. Those are probably for D/L only and not upload. At first I tried enabling Sync and that didn't work. I never needed to sync and always had no problem uploading. I put everything back to "no sync" and the same D/L region. Still nothing. I'm sure their IT people are the best of the best, but if it seems like things are blown to bits and pieces, then maybe they suffered from a cyber attack and they don't want to tell us because we might panic if we were to hear of that.
Stagger Lee 70 23. feb. 2013 kl. 16.31 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Skyferret:
I'm still sitting here with the same thing. Can't sync, can't publish. I can build maps and test them, I can subscribe to a map and play it, but no can publish. From what I can see, it depends where you are. I tried switching my Steam settings to a different D/L region just for the heck of it but it didn't work. Those are probably for D/L only and not upload. At first I tried enabling Sync and that didn't work. I never needed to sync and always had no problem uploading. I put everything back to "no sync" and the same D/L region. Still nothing. I'm sure their IT people are the best of the best, but if it seems like things are blown to bits and pieces, then maybe they suffered from a cyber attack and they don't want to tell us because we might panic if we were to hear of that.

It isn't from where you are though. My wife and son both have their own computer systems and they can both publish maps and upload stuff to the cloud.

I'm at a complete loss on what to try at this point.
Skyferret 179 23. feb. 2013 kl. 17.25 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Stagger Lee:
It isn't from where you are though. My wife and son both have their own computer systems and they can both publish maps and upload stuff to the cloud.

I'm at a complete loss on what to try at this point.

I'm at a complete loss also. When you mentioned about your wife and son being able to upload but you can't, that got me thinking. Perhaps a windows update is to blame. I looked at restore points and found a Critical Update from the 19th. I got thinking about when this problem started and it seems to co-inside. But nope, didn't work. Tried going back to restore before that and no luck. I was hoping for a eureka moment, but nothing. So yeah, I'm at a loss too.
Stagger Lee 70 23. feb. 2013 kl. 17.31 
The fun never ends. I subscribed to some new maps out of the Workshop and went into Portal 2 to play them. It failed to query my list of maps. So now I can't upload or download.

Jade Emperor XII 19 24. feb. 2013 kl. 16.26 
I'm running on windows 8 64 bit. Able to edit and re-publish my maps yesterday...

I heard there's a limit in storing stuffs on the cloud. Like 100MB for the workshop or something..

Don't mind me.. I could be wrong...
Sist redigert av Jade Emperor XII; 24. feb. 2013 kl. 16.26
Skyferret 179 24. feb. 2013 kl. 18.09 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Jade Emperor XII:
I'm running on windows 8 64 bit. Able to edit and re-publish my maps yesterday...

I heard there's a limit in storing stuffs on the cloud. Like 100MB for the workshop or something..

Don't mind me.. I could be wrong...
Kinda hard to imagine all of us, or at least most of us hitting the limit all at once. I have 65 maps published. I can see me hitting the limit, but I'm pretty sure there's others that only have a few published. If you don't mind me asking, how many do you have published so far?
Jade Emperor XII 19 24. feb. 2013 kl. 18.51 
I only published 15 maps so far...
< >
Viser 115 av 30 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 21. feb. 2013 kl. 7.16