Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Darkn3ss Feb 21, 2013 @ 6:27am
Steam needs to be on cellphones and tablets/ Some ideas
With the greenlight community and submissions i think there is a lot of games with huge potential, games that might not be certainly for Steam store , but could easily get some income on mobile devices and tablets, Steam is already in our android devices, as tablets, but only as a social application to manage our games and sales.

It could be nice for the gamers/casual to see steam for tablets and cellphones, not only as a store, more like a game distribution, there is a lot of potential in a lot of games we have recently seen on steam

Also, we should make a community to make massive sing ups for the companies to bring their old games to the platform, also to make some requests to some developers to bring their game, worth trying.

sorry for my bad english
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Skoardy Feb 21, 2013 @ 6:36am 
Aren't the bases pretty much covered for mobile/tablet app stores?
Darkn3ss Feb 21, 2013 @ 6:40am 
I was talking more about the Greenlight games, there is a lot of mobile games that are not simple there ,and they dont simply belong on pc steam platform ,not as much as the actual Gplay and App Store. Steam for mobiles not as a competitor of the actual store, more like a bridge for indie devs.
Last edited by Darkn3ss; Feb 21, 2013 @ 6:44am
Skoardy Feb 21, 2013 @ 6:47am 
But there's nothing actually stopping the devs creating mobile versions of their games. If they want to port to mobile devices, they don't really need Valve to create yet another app store to make it happen.
C0untzer0 Feb 21, 2013 @ 8:04am 
This guy clearly doesn't understand the mobile market.
jeslyck Feb 21, 2013 @ 1:40pm 
Originally posted by Mindwedge:
Neither do I. Can you explain? A Steam mobile app would be one more venue, and one with high name recognition. It could work, maybe.

Yes why should it not work? (Honestly do not know anything about the market)
Pinballwiz45b Feb 21, 2013 @ 2:05pm 
I think there already is one on the App Store, except you can't play any games from there. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/steam-mobile/id495369748
C0untzer0 Feb 21, 2013 @ 2:17pm 
In short, the mobile marketplace is already coralled with one major supplier for each platform. If you choose iOS, you'd be far better off optimising your position in the app store. Likewise if you choose to sell on Android, you're automatically on the default store for those devices. Steam would be a very minor thing on those devices, whereas on the PC market, they're huge.
TL:DR it'd add another middleman, another commision, and be a small part of a fenced in system.
Last edited by C0untzer0; Feb 21, 2013 @ 2:18pm
gargamell999 Feb 22, 2013 @ 5:17pm 
just how BiG is steam anyway? maybee they could do a big brake down of all the various cell phone plans. could steam come out and recamend one cell phone over others?
C0untzer0 Feb 23, 2013 @ 1:37am 
Originally posted by gargamell999:
just how BiG is steam anyway? maybee they could do a big brake down of all the various cell phone plans. could steam come out and recamend one cell phone over others?
Given the number of countries in which they operate, that would be a mess.
Overall, I'd be inclined to believe they'd support Android, what with the steambox rumours. Best Android phones are undoubtedly Samsung Galaxy or HTC one if you're on a budget. As for Tabs, Galaxy again, Nexus is a little slow and kindle fire has been slammed by critics.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2013 @ 6:27am