Legend of Grimrock

Create and download new dungeons, items, monsters, & environments
Use the Dungeon Editor to build entirely new adventures and challenges for other players to solve. Fill your dungeons with puzzles, traps, or even totally new items, monsters and environments with custom graphics and audio! Click here to learn more.
Nightwing Feb 20, 2013 @ 12:26am
Ending a Dungeon?
Hey guys, I went through and developed a simple dungeon for boredom's sake, and ever part of it that I want is in there. But I need the help of those more experienced than I because I don't know how to end it. Like game mechanic wise, I don't know how to end a dungeon. I know there are cinematics, but how do you trigger those from in game, and are they the only way to end the dungeon?
Anyways, thats my question. If you can help, please comment. If you cant, thank you for reading anyways.
Last edited by Nightwing; Feb 20, 2013 @ 12:28am
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
LocalFire 4 Feb 20, 2013 @ 2:10pm 
To end stick in a hidden pressure plate and link it to a lua script entity with the following:
function endGame()
completeGame ("mod_assets\cinematics\ending.lua")
end
LocalFire 4 Feb 20, 2013 @ 2:11pm 
Then create a file called ending.lua (easy way is to save as from a blank lua file in the assets, just rename it ending), and put in the following:

enableUserInput()
startMusic("assets/samples/music/intro.ogg")

showImage("assets/textures/cinematic/intro/page01.tga")
fadeIn(2)

sleep(1)
setFont("Intro")
textWriter([[ You have passed the ways of the maze of death, your party emerges into the sunlight your trials at an end. ]]) click() fadeOutText(0.5) sleep(1) setFont("IntroTitle") showText("
You have passed the ways of the maze of death,
your party emerges into the sunlight

your trials at an end.
]])

click()
fadeOutText(0.5)

sleep(1)
setFont("IntroTitle")
showText("THE END")
sleep(2)
fadeOutText(1)
fadeOut(4)
fadeOutMusic(3)

Feel free to just paste that. Hope it helps
Last edited by LocalFire; Feb 20, 2013 @ 2:12pm
Nightwing Feb 20, 2013 @ 2:59pm 
Thanks!
Nightwing Feb 20, 2013 @ 3:19pm 
One question though, how do I create a new asset? And then when I create the asset, how do I add that script as its entity? (that is probably something obvious to you, but I just started working with the editor, my apologies).
LocalFire 4 Feb 22, 2013 @ 5:55pm 
Yeah I never used the editor before I started my project, hell didn't even know what lua was, After about a month I had a complete mod ready to go. If you need help I'll direct you to these two sites, should cover everything you need

http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3099
http://www.grimrock.net/modding/

Hope that helps
Nightwing Feb 22, 2013 @ 9:49pm 
Thanks!
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50