Steam Greenlight
Do Away With Greenlight
I posted a topic about this broken system in the steam discussion forum when one of the games I voted for since October still hasn't been greenlit despite being a well polished and interesting game, I've sat here month after month as garbage games were being greenlit and the ones greenlit rarely ever make it on the top sellers chart...here's the figures

10k People Vote For A Game
100 People Actually Buy The Game...

This is the problem with the system people will pity vote, people will vote because they already got free copies of the game from the dev or they'll just vote for it and never buy the game.

Greenlight was initially made to find out what customers will buy and what people don't want to buy.

There are games that are ready to be released that aren't greenlit then theres games that won't even be released for another 8 months, greenlight those games when their ready to be released not 8 months beforehand that leaves other devs out in the cold who are actually ready to sell their games

I got alot of hate from people saying "It's just your opinion" but the figures don't lie there's good games, decent games but overall theres alot of garbage games and no ones buying them

So I hope steam ends this crap or optimizes it because it's not working correctly at the moment

< >
Mostrando 1-15 de 397 comentarios
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- 18 FEB 2013 a las 19:33 
"The figures don't lie," they're just made up...and a lie.

No hate, but, dude, it's just your opinion. I find myself in the same boat, but that's the trouble with not liking the same things that the majority does. Just gotta suck it up and wait for others with similar tastes to come along or the game to be available elsewhere.
Última edición por A Gelatinous Cube-Z-; 18 FEB 2013 a las 19:37
Skoardy 18 FEB 2013 a las 20:01 
Did you really expect to convince anyone by just pulling numbers out of fresh air? You must realise you've pretty much hobbled your point right from the starting line. Basically, the 'people' were right.
Psycho 18 FEB 2013 a las 20:45 
It's Fauna! 18 FEB 2013 a las 20:57 
I like how there's this pandemic of "pity votes" and "people not buying the game" currently suspended over a giant pit containing no evidence at all.
Publicado originalmente por exileofdreamz:
10k People Vote For A Game
100 People Actually Buy The Game...

I got alot of hate from people saying "It's just your opinion" but the figures don't lie there's good games, decent games but overall theres alot of garbage games and no ones buying them

Seems legit...

Who's your source?
Última edición por Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; 18 FEB 2013 a las 21:22
C0untzer0 19 FEB 2013 a las 1:26 
Also, he's confusing the words "rarely ever" with "usually"
gotchaxd 19 FEB 2013 a las 1:47 
You say no good games are being released through GreenLight, but is that not your opinion? Maybe the games being released are great games in others opinions, especially the opinions of those who voted for the game. What Steam could do is set up a little alert system, so that once a game, that a player voted for on Greenlight, has been released, they're notified. That is if that isn't already the case.

Just repeating what the people said above me, but making up statistics without being able to appriately reference them is pointless. All you did was shoot yourself in the foot in terms of making a decent, valid argument.

I fully support GreenLight as it gives many a chance to be recognised by a larger community. That means a lot6 to small time devlopers. Basically, you want to make it harder for the steam community to recognise small time titles, but still quality games (in my opinion) in many cases.
Skoardy 19 FEB 2013 a las 4:01 
You viewed an ordered list with no useable numeric values and managed to discern a set of unrelated data from it somehow? Please, explain how you achieved that. I'm very interested to know of your methods for arriving at these 'figures'.

I think I might have also discovered why you find yourself encountering 'haters' so often. It's probably due to your tendency to resort to insults and ranting at the drop of a hat whenever people disagree with your opinion. That, and the weird capatilisation of the first letter of each word thing you do.
Publicado originalmente por exileofdreamz:
Never Said No Good Games Were Being Released From Greenlight I Said Very Few So You Morons Posting That ♥♥♥♥ Can Get The ♥♥♥♥ Out Of My Thread, I'm Sure If Steam Showed All The Games You Voted For Publically You Never Bought Any That Were Greenlit So You Can Take Your ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Elsewhere Because It's People Like You That Make The System Broken
Do you know what they say about "assuming"? The first part is true.

Also, relative to the entire Steam library, only a few games from Greenlight have been released, so your entire diatribe is still utterly pointless and entirely your opinion. Good job.

Now, if you have any real data and a factual basis for complaint, feel free to share. Thus far, you haven't.
Publicado originalmente por Skoardy:
Did you really expect to convince anyone by just pulling numbers out of fresh air? You must realise you've pretty much hobbled your point right from the starting line. Basically, the 'people' were right.
Fresh air? Good sir, I do believe that your nose must be stuffy. These reek of fecal matter.
JD01 19 FEB 2013 a las 15:43 
I can see how a pity vote could be an issue. Maybe they should institute some sort of points system where you can apply a certin amount of points per game but are only alotted a a fixed amount of points for a time period. That could speerate out the really good games from the pack.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- 19 FEB 2013 a las 15:52 
Publicado originalmente por RabidGorilla:
I can see how a pity vote could be an issue. Maybe they should institute some sort of points system where you can apply a certin amount of points per game but are only alotted a a fixed amount of points for a time period. That could speerate out the really good games from the pack.
They would have to restrict the number of points a single user could devote to a single title. Otherwise, you could have people constantly feeding all of their points into a title, waiting for the timer to run out, and then feeding again.
It's Fauna! 19 FEB 2013 a las 17:01 
Or we can stop assuming that enough people will give things pity votes for them to get on Steam in the first place because that's a pretty unreasonable assumption.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- 19 FEB 2013 a las 17:22 
Publicado originalmente por Erinduck:
Or we can stop assuming that enough people will give things pity votes for them to get on Steam in the first place because that's a pretty unreasonable assumption.
Indeed. The way I've seen people post, whatever the number of pity votes actually is is very likely negligible.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- 19 FEB 2013 a las 17:22 
...anyone else notice that the OP's account was ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥?
< >
Mostrando 1-15 de 397 comentarios
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado el: 18 FEB 2013 a las 19:31