Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
walk.bear Feb 17, 2013 @ 12:15am
Looks like this GREENLIGHT is just a delicious bait
I don't understand why STEAM put a GREENLIGHT in their main page if he DON'T really want take a game from GREENLIGHT. It is been a long time they REALLY publish something from GREENLIGHT, Why don't they just save their main page space to do something useful?
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- Feb 17, 2013 @ 12:24am 
Go home, sir. You are drunk.
Gorlom[Swe] Feb 17, 2013 @ 1:45am 
Random all caps words ftw :)

walk bear: It's up to the developer to intergrate steam functions in their products after they have been grenlit. Valve will publish the greenlit games when the developers say they are ready. Otherwise we get the damn "Towns" tradegy all over again.
Spydrebyte Feb 17, 2013 @ 6:20am 
Would be nice to have an indication on when the next batch will be Greenlit, feels like nothing is happening atm.
jeslyck Feb 17, 2013 @ 6:46am 
Come back when you're grown up and had a job.
wilco64256 Feb 17, 2013 @ 8:05am 
The last batches were each six weeks apart, get back to us at the end of the month if they still haven't Greenlit more or made a date announcement.
Spydrebyte Feb 17, 2013 @ 8:59am 
Yeah that, plus the letting go of staff. Something is happening at Valve...
C0untzer0 Feb 17, 2013 @ 9:14am 
Originally posted by Spydrebyte:
A lot of the people leaving Valve seem to be Hardware oriented, Probably the Steambox being "focussed".
jeslyck Feb 17, 2013 @ 9:48am 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:
Originally posted by Spydrebyte:
A lot of the people leaving Valve seem to be Hardware oriented, Probably the Steambox being "focussed".

For all we know it could be the cleaning staff.
My guess is that it's Linux people who have become unnecessary, plus mop up too many sick days etc.
leedonald54 Feb 17, 2013 @ 1:17pm 
I lost all of the games that I had voted and does not show any on profile .
walk.bear Feb 18, 2013 @ 5:16am 
And I guess the original members (game salers) of STEAM don't want new guys in to share their buyers. money hard to earn those days, you know.
C0untzer0 Feb 18, 2013 @ 8:46am 
Literally every word you say removes you further from coherence. I'd advise you to never speak again, or learn to think at leat once in your life, before it's too late.
Feraele Feb 18, 2013 @ 4:54pm 
Literally every word you say removes you further from coherence. I'd advise you to never speak again, or learn to think at leat once in your life, before it's too late.

I get the impression English is not his mother tongue, I would be a little more..lenient on that. :P
Feraele Feb 18, 2013 @ 4:57pm 
Originally posted by walk.bear:
And I guess the original members (game salers) of STEAM don't want new guys in to share their buyers. money hard to earn those days, you know.

Do you mean game sellers? And, there are literally thousands of games out there..2 or 3 thousand on Steam alone. Has nothing to do with competition. There are big changes coming..internally for the company.

That is likely what is holding things up. It's not the end of the world..or Steam :D
Feraele Feb 18, 2013 @ 4:58pm 
Originally posted by Mindwedge:

All true, but losing the Director of Business Development who helped architect the Steam service and handle developer relations has me scratching my head. Best guess would be that he's not on board with the changes Mr. Newell wants to make so they parted ways.

Agreed..sounds like things are being shaken up. Hopefully it's all to the good. heh
Spydrebyte Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:38pm 
Do u think Gabe's new drive for a transformation of steam into a more open platform is in response to the Ouya? and its competition with the Steambox...
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2013 @ 12:15am