Steam Greenlight
James 16/fev./2013 às 14:05
Toastfresh Teaser! Happy 4 Feedback!
I just uploaded a new little teaser today.

Check it out here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92924066

Tell me what you think and have a nice weekend!
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 23
I see nothing in your trailer that hasn't been done by the majority of 2D platformers. It was basically a tiny character walking right the entire time, hardly challenging or unique. The only thing different about your game is the graphics.

Speaking of graphics, it's nothing special, it's just retro stylization. Which clearly we don't have enough of. #sarcasm
Última edição por Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; 16/fev./2013 às 16:16
WeeabooJudas 16/fev./2013 às 16:36 
This could be interesting, but you should add more detail to your page, you are being too vague when you should be selling us on this.

Things we've seen before can still be fun, provided the weapon systems are fun to use and level design is creative enough. I'm going to err on optimism for now.
James 17/fev./2013 às 1:56 
@Cheese: Yeah I hear that a lot and I knew that when I started the game and still I find it worthy to push on... because I think that as long as it has a solid gameplay and the professional edge combined with a dedicated developer wrapping it all up, I do think it has a fair chance to stand out in its own right.

@Weeaboo: Thanks! I think you get the idea =) ... with the description being vague... I am a single developer and therefore I "could" flip the switch and change the gameplay completely if I feel like it. For example I noticed all my testers enjoying the close range combat more than aiming and shooting, so now I am trying to see where I can take that... for short, things still change a lot at the moment and I want to stay away from false claims.

So mainly it is about the grafix and ambient at the moment... that's why I didn't show off all my super duper features but rather just ran through the first 2 stages in their current state to give you a glimpse of that.
Última edição por James; 17/fev./2013 às 1:58
Skoardy 17/fev./2013 às 4:10 
Surely your page is the place to announce additions (in the 'Recent Announcements' section, for example)? The discussions forum isn't really a place for devs to advertise their game. With over 1000+ games in Greenlight alone, it would be a complete mess if they all started spamming every little change they made here.
James 17/fev./2013 às 4:36 
oh, backseat moderation? Hehehe, just wanna say that I'm not breaking no rules and I'm not spamming. Sorry if you feel offended.
Skoardy 17/fev./2013 às 5:45 
Backseat moderation? What? I just figured you'd rather not turn the discussion forum into a mess of devs competitively spamming any little tweak to their projects just for a scrap of attention. Just seems like basic common courtesy. I'm sorry you feel your project is more important than that.
If you're not posting your announcements where you should be (and you're not), you're spamming. Stop it.
James 17/fev./2013 às 7:49 
I'd like to talk about my game and what you see from what I show... on greenlight, my hard work, so what?
If you don't want to talk about that then please resist posting and let this thead die out. Gee, no need to confront me with your assumption.
Report the thread if you feel it needs moderation, I don't think so, or please stay on topic.

Escrito originalmente por Skoardy:
Backseat moderation? What? I just figured you'd rather not turn the discussion forum into a mess of devs competitively spamming any little tweak to their projects just for a scrap of attention. Just seems like basic common courtesy. I'm sorry you feel your project is more important than that.
-I havent posted here in about 5 months and before that I didnt mess about, but I get the concern... just not the case.
Última edição por James; 17/fev./2013 às 7:53
Considering that both spam and advertising are grounds for reporting (as noted by the flag system), yes, this does need moderation.

If you want to talk about your game, there's a board for that on your own project's page.
James 17/fev./2013 às 8:00 
I'd rather talk about the game mate but go ahed, flag it. If some mod comes here:

I'd like to talk about some new stuff I made and grab off an open opinion, is that ok? Like back in the days where people actually got stuff done and talked about THAT.
Feraele 17/fev./2013 às 14:03 
Perhaps a mod could move this thread to your comments section of your page? It really should be attached to your game page, so it doesn't eventually scroll away behind the other thousands of threads/posts that happen here.

Maybe you could request that from a mod. Just a suggestion. :)
James 17/fev./2013 às 14:27 
Of course I asked those who allready like what I'm doing. But I wanted to ask you too! Didn't know that would be so big of a deal and that we have self acclaimed regulators running around here keeping the "Ordnung!" well I'm lying, I knew about the regulators...
Just had some hope to maybe grab off a little feedback.
Skoardy 17/fev./2013 às 16:16 
I'm not sure why you'd even want feedback outside of your page. You appear to enjoy deleting the negative opinions.
Nyaamos 17/fev./2013 às 16:26 
I think you still dont understand the problem that would occur if every dev would decide to post each update as a thread in All Discussions. It would really turn the forums into a big mess and thats why its important to keep your updates on your page and dont spam them around.
gargamell999 17/fev./2013 às 17:41 
these types of games rarely return back to the left begining point.
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 23
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado em: 16/fev./2013 às 14:05