Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
jamesbuc Feb 3, 2013 @ 6:56pm
Feb greenlit title date?
Seeing how there seems to be a new set each month, anyone guess when the next bunch of games will be given the greenlight?
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Spydrebyte Feb 3, 2013 @ 7:58pm 
I hope sometime in Feb, but there has been no announcement yet (that i know of) so its anyone guess.The last announcement was just over 3 weeks before the games were greenlit, and nearly 3 weeks after the previous greenlight batch. Im hoping its not going to be a 6-week cycle. :(
Pinballwiz45b Feb 5, 2013 @ 4:29pm 
Unfortunately, considering games got Greenlit on 10/15, 11/30, and 1/15, I'm afraid it's a 6-week cycle between Greenlighting times. So probably later on this month or early March.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- Feb 5, 2013 @ 4:43pm 
It's good that they wait so long between, though. It'll take a lot longer before they run out of decent titles to greenlight.
Pnume Feb 6, 2013 @ 11:33am 
Probably end of February. Just a guess.
Ganger Feb 6, 2013 @ 1:33pm 
Im after dragon's lair to be release and it was greenlighted in november and its still not release.... I can't even pre-order it yet.
Gorlom[Swe] Feb 6, 2013 @ 1:47pm 
Talk to the dev and ask them. It's not steam being slow.
Skoardy Feb 6, 2013 @ 2:38pm 
Originally posted by Ganger:
Im after dragon's lair to be release and it was greenlighted in november and its still not release.... I can't even pre-order it yet.
You already started your own thread about this. Why are you derailing an unrelated thread with this?
Pinballwiz45b Feb 6, 2013 @ 5:09pm 

Dude, it's not Steam holding the release back. The devs for Dragon's Lair need to put everything together before they launch it (don't know what it's called, but it's when you Shift+Tab, and that's one of them)
Last edited by Pinballwiz45b; Feb 6, 2013 @ 5:09pm
Jerry Feb 6, 2013 @ 7:20pm 
Originally posted by Pinballwiz45b:

Dude, it's not Steam holding the release back. The devs for Dragon's Lair need to put everything together before they launch it (don't know what it's called, but it's when you Shift+Tab, and that's one of them)

A game being greenlit doesn't have anything to do with it being ready or not.

For a great example, Towns was greenlighted quickly and released quickly thereafter and was unfinished (Total Biscuit talked about it in this 'The bore Z' video).
Being Greenlit possibly stressed the developers into releaseing as fast as possible so being greenlit early can be bad.

There are also cases where it's bad to greenlighted late. One game I'm waiting for, the tower defence Kingdom Rush, will have a new campaign but the developers will not start making it until Kingdom Rush has been greenlighted (though they're #6 now so they should start working on the new campaign immedietly since they have a high chance of being greenlighted this month.
Feraele Feb 21, 2013 @ 8:09pm 
Originally posted by jamesbuc:
Seeing how there seems to be a new set each month, anyone guess when the next bunch of games will be given the greenlight?

If you go to your own greenlight page it states Feb 26th. Five days away. Just saw it today when I was looking at voting on some games.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- Feb 22, 2013 @ 6:31am 
Originally posted by Feraele:
Originally posted by jamesbuc:

If you go to your own greenlight page it states Feb 26th. Five days away. Just saw it today when I was looking at voting on some games.
That's because it was posted today. >.>
Feraele Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:29pm 
Originally posted by Zaxoth:
Originally posted by Feraele:

That's because it was posted today. >.>

Well! just in time to answer the burning question of this topic and thread then...hehehehe
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 3, 2013 @ 6:56pm