The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
Dr. Do Little Feb 1, 2013 @ 4:26pm
Skyrim mods with sexual content ban
Guys, do you thinks its fair, that steam blocks all the sexual content even in games which are already 16+. For instance, there are tons of famous sexual and prostitution content mods for Skyrim, but none in Workshop. I believe, that even treating sexual content same way as violent content is hypocracy. And banning sexual content in the network where there are thousands of violent games is some kind of shovinizm.
P.S.: I'm sorry if such thread has already been created. I can never find my topics in forum-like networks.
Last edited by Dr. Do Little; Feb 1, 2013 @ 5:24pm
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
< >
J3X 12 Feb 1, 2013 @ 4:37pm 
The userbase do however not act like 16+.
I agree with that the position on sexual content is absurd, I don't however see a problem with it not being on the Workshop as it is very easy to acquire elsewhere.

Most threads about sexual mods have ended in flame wars and locks.
Last edited by J3X; Feb 1, 2013 @ 4:38pm
Roscaria Feb 1, 2013 @ 5:06pm 
^ ditto.
mmonuts Feb 1, 2013 @ 5:11pm 
i agree all mods should be allowed ... well not the ones were when you loot a body it won't show them butt naked but all other mods should be allowed
kamikaze-TMX Feb 1, 2013 @ 5:19pm 
ye ♥♥♥♥ing weird the ban those mods, they are ♥♥♥♥ing awesome and let me play the game more often. seems they will be like world of warcraft kid power is boring!!!
N@sTy Feb 1, 2013 @ 6:00pm 
Originally posted by kamikaze-TMX:
ye ♥♥♥♥ing weird the ban those mods, they are ♥♥♥♥ing awesome and let me play the game more often. seems they will be like world of warcraft kid power is boring!!!
Trias Feb 1, 2013 @ 6:43pm 
I think the ban is not only reasonable, but a good idea. It's not chauvinism, but good PR and good business. Or rather, allowing sexual content mods on Steam would be BAD PR. Think about it: Steam has no way to check our ages other than that flimsy verification screen. If sex mods were allowed here, little Johnny would soon be downloading them to his computer, and what do you think Mommy and Daddy would do when they found out? At best, they would terminate their relationship with Steam, and Valve would loose a customer. At worst, the parents would sue Valve for damages or attempt to persue criminal prosecution. Pretty soon Valve would remove the sex mods, putting us back where we are now (except with a worse public rep), or they might determine that Steam has become too much of a liability and end it entirely (unlikely, but possible). It would also drive away existing and potential adult customers who are uninterested in sexual mods.

Putting blatently sexual mods in the spotlight here would also be bad for us, the gamers. There are still plenty of folks shrilly yelling that we're all a bunch of violence- and sex-obsessed perverted neckbeards, and allowing these mods on Steam like you all want would just feed them ammo. It's easy enough to hide such mods from them when they're on the Nexus, but putting them here would make that impossible. And as noted above, some of us actually don't want adult mods, and effectively forcing exposure to those players would only serve to drive another wedge in the broader gaming community. It would just be bad all around.
Jojy Feb 1, 2013 @ 7:27pm 
Originally posted by Trias:
I think the ban is not only reasonable, but a good idea. It's not chauvinism, but good PR and good business. Or rather, allowing sexual content mods on Steam would be BAD PR. Think about it: Steam has no way to check our ages other than that flimsy verification screen. If sex mods were allowed here, little Johnny would soon be downloading them to his computer, and what do you think Mommy and Daddy would do when they found out? At best, they would terminate their relationship with Steam, and Valve would loose a customer. At worst, the parents would sue Valve for damages or attempt to persue criminal prosecution. Pretty soon Valve would remove the sex mods, putting us back where we are now (except with a worse public rep), or they might determine that Steam has become too much of a liability and end it entirely (unlikely, but possible). It would also drive away existing and potential adult customers who are uninterested in sexual mods.

Putting blatently sexual mods in the spotlight here would also be bad for us, the gamers. There are still plenty of folks shrilly yelling that we're all a bunch of violence- and sex-obsessed perverted neckbeards, and allowing these mods on Steam like you all want would just feed them ammo. It's easy enough to hide such mods from them when they're on the Nexus, but putting them here would make that impossible. And as noted above, some of us actually don't want adult mods, and effectively forcing exposure to those players would only serve to drive another wedge in the broader gaming community. It would just be bad all around.

I agree entirely! While I see no problem with them, this being an M rated game after all, it would only serve as ammo for haters, spammers, and other unsavory types. And I don't think any responsible parent wants that to be here either. Leave it on the nexus.
Promega X KAT Feb 1, 2013 @ 9:15pm 
Originally posted by J3X:
I agree with that the position on sexual content is absurd, I don't however see a problem with it not being on the Workshop as it is very easy to acquire elsewhere.

However? You ether agree or disagree.I agree with this, period.
Promega X KAT Feb 1, 2013 @ 9:17pm 
Im thinking about switching to nexus. I only get mods from steam workshop because sometimes im to lazy to install it myself but im gonna get off my lazy butt lol. Also some steam workshop mods I like dont have any nexus versions.
J3X 12 Feb 2, 2013 @ 2:11am 
Originally posted by |.K.Z.| KAT-EBI:
Originally posted by J3X:

However? You ether agree or disagree.I agree with this, period.
I do agree that the moral panic over sex is silly, however I don't think that it would be a good idea for Steam to host adult mods. Trias gave a very good explanation of why it would be bad.

Use both Nexus and Workshop - the best of two worlds.
Dr. Do Little Feb 2, 2013 @ 7:19am 

I agree with you about loosing a 10-years-old customer client probability, but I doubt on sueing.
After all, Steam could be already sued for gore in games, and explicit language. Since all of those games with such content were "exposed" to kids, who untruly indicate their birthdate on store-pages.

Even ESRB puts warnings, that "Online interactions are not rated" for any games with multiplayer. Steam, on its turn may put such label right on the entire workshop. Anyways, I dont't insist on such modes as "sex mod" or "prostitution mod". Leave those for nexust, but different sexy outfits, moves, etc. might be here. I use Nexus myself, but just a fact, that even one-quarter-sexual content is being entirely banned. That's IMO, I don't want to flame anyone.
boii Feb 2, 2013 @ 1:45pm 

THIS! :)
shiva7663 Feb 2, 2013 @ 1:51pm 
What mystifies me is why Steam doesn't yank mods that rip off other games. By name.
Cyrax 4 Feb 2, 2013 @ 2:31pm 
I am glad that there is a ban on sexual mods on steam.
If there was not, the only thing I would see every day on my Steam Library page is picture of boobs or wh0r3-like characters.
Last edited by Cyrax; Feb 2, 2013 @ 2:32pm
Dr. Do Little Feb 3, 2013 @ 7:15am 
Originally posted by Cyrax:
I am glad that there is a ban on sexual mods on steam.
If there was not, the only thing I would see every day on my Steam Library page is picture of boobs or wh0r3-like characters.
TIP: You can filter mods
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 1, 2013 @ 4:26pm