Portal 2
Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Piranha.A 31 Feb 1, 2013 @ 12:09pm
PFG - The Portal Force Gun
Aperture Science developed a new prototype portal gun and I was able to get a hold of the designs and put it into a map:
PFG - The Portal Force Gun
EDIT: New PFG map online. It's called:
PFG 2 - Learning Curves
Tell me what you think.
Last edited by Piranha.A; Feb 23, 2013 @ 5:03am
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Piranha.A 31 Feb 3, 2013 @ 6:06am 
First update ready. The moving cube delivery pipe wasn't doing what it was supposed to do. The problem is fixed now. Give the map another try ... if you dare that is. ;)
RedSilencer 3 Feb 3, 2013 @ 6:23pm 
Hello! I've seen this being advertised around the forums, and even earlier considered messaging you (before I realized that was impossible to do without being friends) to ask you how you gain attention to your maps and control your own thumbnail.

I would also like to ask you if you'd be willing to provide me direct feedback for my own map, which I'll rudely link below while I attempt PFG. ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=124923644
Piranha.A 31 Feb 3, 2013 @ 6:50pm 
RedSilencer: Gaining attention for your own maps might be the most difficult thing there is in the Workshop with its hundreds of thousands of maps. First step would be to post your map in the workshop disscusion section (the way you did here on my PFG page).

As to the thumbnail, that's a feature available when you're uploading maps built or edited in the Hammer editor. If you don't know what that is check out this link.
RedSilencer 3 Feb 3, 2013 @ 7:56pm 
I'll have to look into researching the Hammer editor. It seems rather complicated, and would require me to have a bit more free time than I already have, but interesting all the same.

Thank you for the advice, by the way. I much appreciate the "approval" to advertise a map directly to the discussion threads, now thinkng that it's an alright thing to do.

Your map is VERY good, by the way. I had to stop halfway through before leaving to go film a video, but I'll be sure to return and beat your chamber! The "force" in the portal gun was a very interesting mechanic to add, took me by surprise too.
Piranha.A 31 Feb 3, 2013 @ 8:07pm 
Thanks, RedSilencer! And good luck reaching the end ;)
Piranha.A 31 Feb 23, 2013 @ 5:04am 
Second installment to the PFG series online. Have fun!
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 1, 2013 @ 12:09pm